The Grant Song – a Workshop in Katoomba
Grants are often held up as the holy grail of a successful arts career, and to be awarded "free" money can feel like a blessing, until you realise how much extra work is involved, not just in managing a grant but winning in the first place.
But how do you get to the point where you have won a grant, what can you do to survive the crushing reality of not winning a grant, and where can you find the resolve to keep trying? In this fun and practical half-day workshop, participants learn how to sing their own grant song, and prepare for success.
You will learn:
• Understanding your value and what you bring to the table with your arts practice;
• Different types of grants and other opportunities available;
• The common errors in an application and how to avoid them;
• Tools and techniques for a successful grants strategy.
Funded by the NSW Government Business Connect Program
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start or grow your small business.
What are the outcomes? By the end of this session, you will have a better understanding of:
• This particular grant proposal, application or funding round;
• Your reasons for wanting this grant;
• How to best express your projects and ideas;
• Practical tips on how to complete an application
What do I get?
All participants of this workshop also receive:
• Printed materials to help in class;
• Lifetime access to a dedicated Grant Song dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
• The chance to organise additional professional support for your grant or tender application.
The workshop is relaxed and informal, you can ask all the questions you’ve never been able to ask before, and participants will also be given ample opp.
You also get free advice!
All NSW participants are entitled to 4 x 1 hour CHAT sessions, with a creative industries business advisor, 100% subsidised by Business Connect and therefore at no cost to you (no, there’s no catch!).
Who should enrol?
Creative people looking for a grant or revenue strategy that helps them with their ideas and developing their careers. This workshop is ideal for recent graduates, freelancers and anyone struggling with the grant-writing aspects of their creativity. You’re welcome to attend regardless of your creative practice or stage of professionalism.
Who is Presenting?
Irene Lemon is a producer and performer with over twenty years of experience in the creative industries, with business skills across a range of areas including grant and tender writing, campaign planning, project management, and business development. Irene has assisted hundreds of small business owners and students to build their capacity in the creative industries. As a professional grant writer she has achieved over $10.4 million $AUD in the last eight years for her clients and her own projects.
Proudly supported by Creative Plus Business and Business Connect
Share The Grant Song – a Workshop in Katoomba with friends.
"Big Trout Motor Inn, good hospitality, good chinese food, and good trout fishing in the nearby Fish River & Duckmaloi"
Lindsay's Cafe at the Norman Lindsay Gallery is open weekends from 9am for hearty, warm breakfasts and delicious coffee