Blue Mountains Posts
Upcoming Vaccination Hub - Lithgow
The Vaccination Clinic is coordinated by NSW Health in collaboration with Lithgow City Council. While NSW Health will be responsible for the logistics of vaccine administration, Council will be providing all resources to ensure easy access to and from the site.As such, Council would like to provide the following information.
- The site will be operational from 8am to 3:30pm, with a strict allocation of both Astra Zeneca and Pfizer available. Only first doses will be provided.
- The precinct surrounding the Tony Luchetti Showground and J M Robson Aquatic Centre will be closed to public access very early each morning. Vehicular access or queuing will not be permitted within the precinct prior to 7:30am. Each closure will be staffed, and this will be strictly enforced.
- Road closures will be in place at the intersection of George Coates Avenue / James Street and Barton Street, west of Basketball Stadium carpark.
- At 7:30am, the site will be opened, with Council staff directing patrons to designated parking and queuing areas. In the first instance, the Aquatic Centre Carparks (old and new), Basketball Stadium and roadside parking within the precinct will be available.
- Disability parking will be offered immediately adjacent to the Civic Ballroom for ease of access. Mobility Parking Scheme permits will be checked.
- Queuing on-site within the Tony Luchetti Showground will be available on foot only. Please bring a hat and sunscreen, wear a face mask, check in using available QR codes and ensure you remain socially distanced onsite.
"I encourage all residents to attend and receive a vaccine if possible", said Lithgow City Council's Mayor, Councillor Ray Thompson. "However, I also remind everyone that the facility will be open for three days and the city's doctors and pharmacists will continue to offer vaccinations for this period and moving forward."
Mayor Thompson added, "Lithgow City Council thanks NSW Health for providing this service locally. We will continue to make every effort to work with all agencies to keep our community safe and informed."
"Please do your part. It is most important to comply with health orders, maintain all health safeguards and get vaccinated as soon as practicable."
A Head to Health Pop Up service has launched in the Nepean Blue Mountains...
Blue Mountains City Council is now permitted to offer a Click and Collect...
BIOSECURITY experts have again joined forces with landholders in the Hawkesbury...
Blue Mountains Tourism has engaged a marketing manager to develop and...
Following recent public health order changes, Lithgow Library is pleased...
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Trumans Chartered Accountants Buying a new home before selling the old one: the ins and outs ... and more!
La Casetta Springtime in Leura after lockdown would be a dream!
Bilpin Country Lodge Easing of NSW govt COVID restrictions means Bilpin Country Lodge is reopening for holiday getaways from mid October