Blue Mountains Posts
Park Smarter in Lithgow
“Taking precautions with your vehicle both at home or out and about can significantly lower your chances of the vehicle or property within it being stolen,” said the Mayor Ray Thompson.
Stealing from a vehicle is usually a crime of opportunity, so leaving valuables in open view or the vehicle unlocked can invite thieves. Further, most thefts of late model vehicles occur through gaining access to the owner’s keys eg through a home burglary so it is important to keep keys in a safe place.
Lithgow Police have provided a few tips to help ensure your vehicle and valuables are safe:
Protecting your vehicle from being stolen
- Never leave your keys in the ignition when you are not in the vehicle, even in your home driveway.
- Always keep vehicle doors and windows locked, even when driving.
- Never leave your keys in plain view at home or in public places such as restaurants.
- Consider upgrading your vehicle’s security.
Protecting property in your vehicle
- Always keep your doors and windows locked when out of your vehicle.
- Never leave valuables such as mobile phones, handbags or other valuables in plain view, even when parked at home.
- Always try to park in a well-lit or populated area.
- Tradies - always lock your toolboxes and ute trays and try to avoid parking on the street at night.
Protect yourself when selling your vehicle
- Never advertise your home address when selling the vehicle
- Always view and record the identification of potential buyers
- Never let someone take your vehicle for a test drive without supervision
Relying on the convenience of your vehicle is something most of us take for granted however if it or its contents are stolen or damaged, the effects on your family, work and finances could be devastating.
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today announced that Stage 1 of th...
Lithgow City Council, with support from a NSW Government Youth Opportunities...
Lithgow City Council with support from the NSW government and Headspac...
Wentworth Healthcare together with Lithgow City Council are urging Lithgow...
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Local Support - Lets go to your Medical Centre to get your Covid Jab . Upper Blue Mountains Only.
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Transfer in luxury btw Sydney Airport and the Blue Mountains $350 Max 4 Passengers
Blaxland Health IDT Foundation Course, run by Art Psychotherapist, Annette Coulter. Sat/Sun 14-15 and 21-22 August. See PDF attached.
Melaleuca Mountain Retreat The perfect place to get away and relax !
La Casetta A winter stay in the leafy Blue Mountains is definitely something to experience.