Blue Mountains Posts
Lithgow Council Joins WSROC – Extends Western Sydney Footprint to Lithgow LGA
“Following a series of meetings between senior executives of WSROC and the General Manager of Lithgow and Cr Stephen Lesslie there was an agreed recognition by both parties that -
- Lithgow is strategically positioned to support Sydney’s growth to the west of the city.
- It is the closest city that offers agricultural, manufacturing and industrial bases on which to build future opportunities just on the other side of the Blue Mountains.
- Lithgow offers affordable living options relative to Sydney’s housing market.
- Investment in rail and road connectivity to the west of Greater Sydney provides mutual benefits to Lithgow and the metropolis of Sydney but especially Western Sydney and
- There is the opportunity to connect regional tourism in Western Sydney with tourism on the other side of the Blue Mountains,” said Mayor Stephen Lesslie.
“Lithgow Council will continue to support the membership of CENTROC as it transitions to the Joint Organisation model that Lithgow Council decided not to participate in, and should an opportunity for Lithgow Council to continue in an “observer” capacity with that successor entity without compromising our position, then we would certainly consider that opportunity,” said Cr Lesslie.
The WSROC region estimated Resident Population for 2017 is 1,608,757.
Formed in 1973, the Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils (WSROC) is a membership organisation that represents eight local councils in the Greater Western Sydney region.
WSROC's members include: Blacktown City Council, Blue Mountains City Council, Cumberland Council, Fairfield City Council, Hawkesbury City Council, Liverpool City Council, and City of Parramatta.
WSROC's primary role is to represent the councils and communities of Western Sydney, as well as developing resource sharing and other co-operative projects between member councils. WSROC also manages a number of projects, which are either funded jointly by its members or from external sources.
WSROC brings a collective voice to a number of issues which include transport, employment, regional planning, arts, health and sustainability.
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today announced that Stage 1 of th...
Lithgow City Council, with support from a NSW Government Youth Opportunities...
Lithgow City Council with support from the NSW government and Headspac...
Wentworth Healthcare together with Lithgow City Council are urging Lithgow...
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Local Support - Lets go to your Medical Centre to get your Covid Jab . Upper Blue Mountains Only.
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Transfer in luxury btw Sydney Airport and the Blue Mountains $350 Max 4 Passengers
Blaxland Health IDT Foundation Course, run by Art Psychotherapist, Annette Coulter. Sat/Sun 14-15 and 21-22 August. See PDF attached.
Melaleuca Mountain Retreat The perfect place to get away and relax
La Casetta A winter stay in the leafy Blue Mountains is definitely something to experience.