Blue Mountains Posts
Have your say on draft Plan of Management and amended Masterplan for South Lawson Park
“This is an exciting new stage in the development of this popular, extensive area at Lawson,” Mayor Mark Greenhill said. “The final designs take into account the varying requirements of different park users, while taking care of the natural environment.
“The designs were developed following detailed community consultation in 2018 and 2019. The result will be a delightful new amenity that can be enjoyed by all residents.
“We now encourage all interested residents to look at the new version of the Masterplan and the draft Plan of Management too, and give their feedback.”
Residents can review the documents and designs online and have their say until 21 February 2021.
The final designs include:
- Accessible paths from Ferris Lane and Wilson Street towards the new dog area continue as a loop walk to enjoy the quieter outskirts of the park.
- Inside the fenced dog off leash area, several tracks and play zones offer opportunities to play and run and rest.
- The nature exploration area provide opportunities for families to discover and be led by the natural features.
- Grass terrace seating creates a natural amphitheatre for informal gatherings and small community events.
- Water refill stations will be available throughout the park.
- Increased riparian zone means more locally sourced natives to protect the creekline, swamp and wet areas.
A Masterplan is a detailed plan that guides future design to improve function and access, facilitate social activity and amenity, while recognising the existing character. A Plan of Management is a legal document to guide how the park will be managed. It establishes directions for planning, permissible uses, management and maintenance of the land.
Construction of the fenced dog off leash area and accessible pathways will commence in 2021.
The public exhibition closes on 21 February 2021.
A new education campaign by Blue Mountains City Council is focusing on...
ADAPTED FOR THE STAGE BY LEAH NAPOLIN AND ISAAC BASHEVIS SINGER
Low nutrient, high kilojoule food continues to be the top choice for Australians,...
The National Guidelines for the Safe Restraint of Children Travelling...
A series of professional storytelling workshops will be held in Lithgo...
Trumans Chartered Accountants Some money is not counted as ‘income’ by the ATO. Find out more ....
Watercolour Workshop with Artist David Wardman next workshop 2nd May 2021, workshops are held in my studio 1st Sunday of each month, beginners onwards
La Casetta Enjoy the beautiful Blue Mountains for that luxury autumn/winter break
Edith School House The perfect getaway with Crisp Clean air & beautiful surrounds near to Jenolan Caves Mayfield Waldara & lots more
Melaleuca Mountain Retreat Winter time is just around the corner - best times to stay are June to early August. Book now and don't miss out !