Blue Mountains Posts
Farming Strong for Lithgow LGA
On 4th and 5th of November, Farming Strong will bring together local farmers, landowners and small businesses to learn about a range of topics, including:
- How to identify, develop and profit from innovation in the regenerative and organic food chain
- How to profit from the surge in organic demand and the emerging US trend towards regenerative branding
- Practical strategies to deliver higher profits whilst giving you more time to spend with your family
- How to tap into a supportive business eco-system and personal network
- How to profit from adopting regenerative practices to differentiate your product and build resilience into your production model
- Strategies for emerging rural leaders to define opportunity in the midst of crisis
- How to look after your physical, emotional and mental health during tough times
“This project was designed in response to feedback from last year’s community drought relief project events.” Mayor Ray Thompson said “Local farmers and the community asked for education around diversifying income as well as taking care of the mental and physical health of both ourselves and each other. We are really pleased that NBMPHN were able to come on board to help us make that happen”.
The Conference will take place in Hampton on November 4th and 5th and will include two full days of workshops, training, planning and learning together. Due to COVID restrictions there are only 50 places available and these are open primarily to residents of the Lithgow LGA with a few spots reserved for Hawkesbury and Blue Mountains residents.
All meals, accommodation and conference registration are fully funded by the NBMPHN. There is a $30 booking fee per person which will be donated to local bush fire relief organisations.
Following the conference there will be an ongoing mentoring program and further events during the next 12 months.
You can also get more information by contacting council on 63549999.
Melissa McIntosh, Federal Member for Lindsay and Stuart Ayres MP, Member...
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith announced on Friday that the new look...
Local Land Services (LLS) has urged landholders to make the most of it...
The NSW Government has launched Dine & Discover NSW to encourage the community...
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs 1929 "The Gatsby" era Limousine Experience. $300 = 1 hour tour Max 4 passengers. Upper Mountains Only
Trumans Chartered Accountants Some money is not counted as ‘income’ by the ATO. Find out more ....
Watercolour Workshop with Artist David Wardman next workshop 2nd May 2021, workshops are held in my studio 1st Sunday of each month, beginners onwards
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Three night midweek stay $600 in one of our Possums Cabins for Couples
Edith School House The perfect getaway with Crisp Clean air & beautiful surrounds near to Jenolan Caves Mayfield Waldara & lots more