Blue Mountains News
Winners of ‘We are Waste Wise’ Primary School Art Competition
Lithgow City Council is proud to present the results of their first ‘We Are Waste Wise’ Primary School Art Competition in 2020.The theme for the competition was ‘Our Place Our Future’ and students were asked to draw a picture about what they think is special about their local environment.
Lithgow City Council Mayor Ray Thompson said, ‘The entries were fabulous! We had 114 entries covering a wide range of environmental themes and local landmarks including the Blast Furnace, Queen Elizabeth Park, Lake Lyell, Lithgow Railway Bridge, Wollemi Pine and more. It really is so encouraging to see so much artistic talent in the young people of our area.’
- Tyler Glover from Lithgow Public School took out the Overall Winner prize with his colourful picture of the Blast Furnace.
- Molly Lambert from Meadow Flat Public School was Runner Up with her beautifully detailed picture of a koala in nature.
- The Encouragement Award went to young Braxton Burgess from Lithgow Public School for his striking picture of the Wollemi Pine.
- Mikayla Johnson from Cooerwull Public School won the Best Local Landscape/Landmark with her eye catching picture of Queen Elizabeth Park.
- Nellie Griffiths and Rhys Callaghan (Portland Central School)
- Niamh Jenkins (Hampton Public School)
- Kayleigh Northey, Holly Parker, Kaira Hughes, Natalia Melnyk, Jayden Judson and Isaac Beckett (Cooerwull Public School)
Thank you to the teachers and students for the hard work in submitting such beautiful entries.
Frontline domestic violence services in Western Sydney will benefit from...
A jobs renaissance in the arts sector has prompted TAFE NSW Kingswood...
E-Waste Service at Lithgow Solid Waste Facility ensures diversion of recyclable...
We have a “new” glider in the Blue Mountains.
A Springwood man’s plan to forge a career in financial planning has been...
Trumans Chartered Accountants and more! Trumans December Newsletter out now!
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Hampers crammed with Blue Mountains-made delicacies to children or adults at any address in the local region.
Jenolan Caves Exclusive weekend accommodation or Chisolm's dining cave experiences available now.
Eagle View Escape Nestled amongst the trees, enjoy nature and the tranqility whilst soaking in your Spa bath.
Sunset Cottages Features include large fire pit, spa baths, BBQ, air-conditioning, cooking facilities.