Blue Mountains News
Winners of 2021 ‘Get Grubby and Thrive’ Primary School Art Competition
All the entrants are to be congratulated, not only on their artistic prowess, but also on their keen understanding of the theme and broader environmental challenges.
Lithgow City Council Councillor Mayor Ray Thompson said, ‘The entries were fabulous! Despite Covid-19 lockdown restrictions we had entries from seven schools in the LGA. Entries covered a wide range of themes including composting, worm farming, growing fruit and vegetables, recycling, saving water and reducing litter. It really is so encouraging to see so much artistic talent in the young people of our area.’
- Overall Winner - Samara Kirkland from St Patrick’s School
- Overall Runner Up - Penelope McAlister from Zig Zag Public School
- Encouragement Award – Isla Bright from Lithgow Public School
- Encouragement Award Runner Up – Lyndal Peychers from Meadow Flat Public School
- Kaira Hughes, Lilly-Jane Meirtin and Perrin Davis from Cooerwull Public School
- Hannah Healey, Marley Warren, Roy Brown and Poppy Johnman from Lithgow Public School
- Charlotte Joyce and Willow Morson from c-Verse Lithgow
- Holly McAlister from Zig Zag Public School
Thank you to the parents, teachers and students for the hard work in submitting such beautiful entries. If you would like to view the winning entries please follow the link here
An opening event is being held at the new Lithgow pump track on Saturday...
The outgoing Council has delivered its End of Term Report 2016-2021, highlighting...
Blue Mountains City Council is teaming with Australia’s national science...
With Covid-19 restrictions now easing for most people, Blue Mountains...
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Let our Limousines make your day EXTRA SPECIAL. The WOW factor !
Watercolour Workshop with Artist David Wardman next workshop 5th Dec 021, workshops are held in my studio 1st Sunday of each month, suitable for beginners onwards
La Casetta Enjoy a quiet and peaceful stay in the beautiful Blue Mountains at La Casetta