Blue Mountains News
Winners of 2021 ‘Get Grubby and Thrive’ Primary School Art Competition
All the entrants are to be congratulated, not only on their artistic prowess, but also on their keen understanding of the theme and broader environmental challenges.
Lithgow City Council Councillor Mayor Ray Thompson said, ‘The entries were fabulous! Despite Covid-19 lockdown restrictions we had entries from seven schools in the LGA. Entries covered a wide range of themes including composting, worm farming, growing fruit and vegetables, recycling, saving water and reducing litter. It really is so encouraging to see so much artistic talent in the young people of our area.’
- Overall Winner - Samara Kirkland from St Patrick’s School
- Overall Runner Up - Penelope McAlister from Zig Zag Public School
- Encouragement Award – Isla Bright from Lithgow Public School
- Encouragement Award Runner Up – Lyndal Peychers from Meadow Flat Public School
- Kaira Hughes, Lilly-Jane Meirtin and Perrin Davis from Cooerwull Public School
- Hannah Healey, Marley Warren, Roy Brown and Poppy Johnman from Lithgow Public School
- Charlotte Joyce and Willow Morson from c-Verse Lithgow
- Holly McAlister from Zig Zag Public School
Thank you to the parents, teachers and students for the hard work in submitting such beautiful entries. If you would like to view the winning entries please follow the link here
The launch of this new resource will be held at the Library on Tuesday...
Council is hosting a free online expo on Saturday 30 October to help residents...
Blue Mountains City Council and the Stronger Families Alliance are conducting...
Lithgow City Council is re-opening public facilities such as communit...
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Scenic World The Skyway is squeaky clean and the Railway is ready to roll, Scenic World is set to re-open October 22.
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Transfer in luxury btw Sydney Airport and the Blue Mountains $350 Max 4 Passengers
Edith School House The perfect getaway with crisp clean air & beautiful surrounds near to Jenolan Caves Mayfield Waldara & lots more
Billabong Trout Fishing Farmstay Travel somewhere over the rainbow! Escape the pressures of city living! Bushwalk, observe bird life or just relax