Blue Mountains News
West Awaits Funding Boost After $9.26bn Sale
WSROC President Cr Stephen Bali said, “The Government was able to achieve $9.2 billion sale of Sydney Motorway Corporation because full time Western Sydney commuters now pay $2000 per year to use the M4; a fee that will be increased at a minimum of 4 per cent annually for the next 40 years,” he said.
“This is billions of dollars sucked from the pockets of Western Sydney families. The least the Government could do is reinvest this money in better public transport services for Western Sydney.
“WestConnex may offer a potential 40-minute time saving from Parramatta to Sydney Airport, but Western Sydney families and businesses will be paying dearly for this link.
“By contrast, the toll-free Sydney Gateway will offer a free ride for eastern Sydney residents and businesses – who skip the tolled section at the western end of WestConnex.
“Western Sydney is sick of being told they must pay for their own transport infrastructure via tolls, value-capture, or some other means, while the East receives fully funded transport links.
“It is time to fix the balance and reinvest the proceeds from Sydney Motorway Corporation – a business propped up by the tolls of Western Sydney residents – into fair and equitable transport access for Western Sydney families.
WSROC has identified several priority infrastructure investments for Western Sydney including:
- Two north south rail links connecting the North West and South West Priority Growth Areas – forming a rail grid with the Metro North West, Western Rail Line and Leppington Line.
- Duplication of the Western Rail Line west of Parramatta and improved express services from the Blue Mountains, Penrith and Richmond.
- Significant increases commuter car parking at transport interchanges and train stations across Western Sydney.
- Significant expansion of the region’s public bus network with a focus on connecting residential areas with town centres and Western Sydney’s employment hubs.
- Increased frequency of services on the Bankstown Line (to Liverpool) and the Cumberland Line (to Campbelltown).
- Rail links connecting the Western Sydney Airport precinct to key regional centres including: Penrith, Blacktown, Fairfield, Liverpool and Parramatta.
- Increased accessibility at Western Sydney public transport stops including lifts and ramps at train stations.
The Greater Blue Mountains will share in $13 million of Morrison Government...
To reduce energy costs and provide a power contingency measure, Counci...
ILLUMINATE THE PAST | EVOKE THE PRESENT | EMERGE INTO THE FUTURE
Following on from the single releases of The Daily Grind and Apartmentality,...
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Hampers crammed with Blue Mountains-made delicacies to children or adults at any address in the local region.
Jenolan Caves Exclusive weekend accommodation or Chisolm's dining cave experiences available now.
Trumans Chartered Accountants Trumans November Newsletter now available. What does the “full expensing” write-off deduction mean for business?
Melaleuca Mountain Retreat Views that will leave you breathless, a place to relax. Melaleuca Mountain Retreat offers the perfect getaway !!
Seclusions Looking for a weekend escape to relax & unwind?