Blue Mountains News
Stronger Communities Grants – Round 4 Now Open
Member for Macquarie, Susan Templeman, said Expressions of Interest were now open for individual grants of up to $20,000.
“If your local sporting, community group or P&C has a project that needs an extra boost in funding for a specific project, I want to hear from you,” Ms Templeman said.
“It doesn’t have to be a big project, with grants available between $2500 and $20,000,” she said. “It does need to provide a benefit to the community, and the organisation must be able to match the funding in cash or in kind.
“Last year, I was able to help fund 20 diverse projects across the Hawkesbury and Blue Mountains,” she said. “Everything from playgroup equipment at Warrimoo Public School, an historical display at Mt Victoria, a roof repair for Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre through to a tech upgrade at the Blackheath Cybershed.
“This program recognises the invaluable contributions of our local community and sporting groups and can give them that capital boost they desperately need,” Ms Templeman said.
Ms Templeman said an independent panel will assist in selecting the successful projects.
Eligible organisations must be able to provide up to half of the total project cost and projects must not be underway already, and should be scheduled for completion by 30 June 2019.
“If you are involved with a community group and interested in applying, I encourage you to read the eligibility criteria and submit an Expression of Interest before COB on Thursday 23 August.
Blue Mountains 2017 recipients:
- Mt Victoria & District Historical Society $4,018 for Interactive historical exhibits
- Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre 10,000 to refurbish Cybershed facilities including rewiring, upgrades, and repairs
- Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre $9,450 for roof and ceiling repairs, and property upgrad.
- The Rotary Club of Springwood $20,000 to establish a Men's Shed in the Lower Mountains
- Katoomba Tennis Club $6,741 for a ball machine and bench seating
- Warrimoo Public School P&C Association $2,500 for new outdoor play space
- National Trust of Australia (NSW) $5,500 to upgrade toilets in Norman Lindsay Gallery, including disabled access
- The Big Fix Inc. $5,000 for a covered enclosure for Blackheath Community Farm.
A new initiative ‘Zero Waste Leura’ was launched at Leura Garage on 25...
Community enthusiasm for environmental conservation has grown this year,...
A Total Fire Ban has been declared for the Central Ranges, Northern Slopes,...
Lithgow Mayor, Ray Thompson had the privilege of wishing Dulcie Kearns...
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today congratulated Cindy Partridg...
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Hampers crammed with Blue Mountains-made delicacies to children or adults at any address in the local region.
Jenolan Caves Exclusive weekend accommodation or Chisolm's dining cave experiences available now.
Trumans Chartered Accountants Trumans November Newsletter now available. What does the “full expensing” write-off deduction mean for business?
Sunset Cottages Features include large fire pit, spa baths, BBQ, air-conditioning, cooking facilities.
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Family friendly, fully self contained cottages on offer