11:55am Monday, 24 September BlueMountainsAustralia.com
Blue Mountains News
Stronger Communities Grants – Round 4 Now Open
Member for Macquarie, Susan Templeman, said Expressions of Interest were now open for individual grants of up to $20,000.
“If your local sporting, community group or P&C has a project that needs an extra boost in funding for a specific project, I want to hear from you,” Ms Templeman said.
“It doesn’t have to be a big project, with grants available between $2500 and $20,000,” she said. “It does need to provide a benefit to the community, and the organisation must be able to match the funding in cash or in kind.
“Last year, I was able to help fund 20 diverse projects across the Hawkesbury and Blue Mountains,” she said. “Everything from playgroup equipment at Warrimoo Public School, an historical display at Mt Victoria, a roof repair for Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre through to a tech upgrade at the Blackheath Cybershed.
“This program recognises the invaluable contributions of our local community and sporting groups and can give them that capital boost they desperately need,” Ms Templeman said.
Ms Templeman said an independent panel will assist in selecting the successful projects.
Eligible organisations must be able to provide up to half of the total project cost and projects must not be underway already, and should be scheduled for completion by 30 June 2019.
“If you are involved with a community group and interested in applying, I encourage you to read the eligibility criteria and submit an Expression of Interest before COB on Thursday 23 August.
Blue Mountains 2017 recipients:
- Mt Victoria & District Historical Society $4,018 for Interactive historical exhibits
- Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre 10,000 to refurbish Cybershed facilities including rewiring, upgrades, and repairs
- Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre $9,450 for roof and ceiling repairs, and property upgrad.
- The Rotary Club of Springwood $20,000 to establish a Men's Shed in the Lower Mountains
- Katoomba Tennis Club $6,741 for a ball machine and bench seating
- Warrimoo Public School P&C Association $2,500 for new outdoor play space
- National Trust of Australia (NSW) $5,500 to upgrade toilets in Norman Lindsay Gallery, including disabled access
- The Big Fix Inc. $5,000 for a covered enclosure for Blackheath Community Farm.
Loved by the people, Caesar’s power is growing – which is dangerous if...
Our Blue Mountains Leisure Centres are gearing up for the Spring/Summe...
Landing your first job can be tough. You have to find the right role and...
Women leaders from across the denominations of Australia’s churches an...
A new satellite event for Lithgow Halloween is sure to have everyone celebrating...
Around Sydney Tours
Simmo's Offroad Tours
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours
Den Fenella Lodge
Ribbon Gum Lodge