Blue Mountains News
Stronger Communities Grants – Round 4 Now Open
Member for Macquarie, Susan Templeman, said Expressions of Interest were now open for individual grants of up to $20,000.
“If your local sporting, community group or P&C has a project that needs an extra boost in funding for a specific project, I want to hear from you,” Ms Templeman said.
“It doesn’t have to be a big project, with grants available between $2500 and $20,000,” she said. “It does need to provide a benefit to the community, and the organisation must be able to match the funding in cash or in kind.
“Last year, I was able to help fund 20 diverse projects across the Hawkesbury and Blue Mountains,” she said. “Everything from playgroup equipment at Warrimoo Public School, an historical display at Mt Victoria, a roof repair for Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre through to a tech upgrade at the Blackheath Cybershed.
“This program recognises the invaluable contributions of our local community and sporting groups and can give them that capital boost they desperately need,” Ms Templeman said.
Ms Templeman said an independent panel will assist in selecting the successful projects.
Eligible organisations must be able to provide up to half of the total project cost and projects must not be underway already, and should be scheduled for completion by 30 June 2019.
“If you are involved with a community group and interested in applying, I encourage you to read the eligibility criteria and submit an Expression of Interest before COB on Thursday 23 August.
Blue Mountains 2017 recipients:
- Mt Victoria & District Historical Society $4,018 for Interactive historical exhibits
- Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre 10,000 to refurbish Cybershed facilities including rewiring, upgrades, and repairs
- Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre $9,450 for roof and ceiling repairs, and property upgrad.
- The Rotary Club of Springwood $20,000 to establish a Men's Shed in the Lower Mountains
- Katoomba Tennis Club $6,741 for a ball machine and bench seating
- Warrimoo Public School P&C Association $2,500 for new outdoor play space
- National Trust of Australia (NSW) $5,500 to upgrade toilets in Norman Lindsay Gallery, including disabled access
- The Big Fix Inc. $5,000 for a covered enclosure for Blackheath Community Farm.
Footy fans will be able to leave their fold up chairs in the car, with...
The Morrison Government will establish a new headspace in Katoomba to...
A Shorten Labor Government will provide $40 million over four years to...
NSW artist, Wendy Teakel has taken home the Sculpture at Scenic World...
Government Member of the Legislative Council Shayne Mallard MP has announced...
Botanical Theatre Studio, Gallery & Garden Enjoy autumn in the Artist's garden. Book tix via www.botanicaltheatre.com.au
Think Conveyancing Blue Mountains A conveyancing-only law firm, where top priority is to maximise your savings while minimising your legal risk. Call now
Glenbrook Cinema Sometimes Always Never and Captain Marvel until 24 April; Wonder Park until 29 April. All seats $12.50! Book online now.
Eagle View Escape Ask about our 'ditch your device' campaign. Willing to sacrifice your devices for the weekend?
Endellion A beautifully decorated mountain cottage in a private sunny garden on a quiet tree lined street in Leura.