Blue Mountains News
Sculpture at Scenic World
Back this year between 24 April – 18 May 2014, this outdoor exhibition will provide local, national and international artists an exciting opportunity to exhibit their works within the natural splendour of the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains.
An independent panel have selected 31 artworks by 31 artists to be exhibited on the valley floor, and a walk along the elevated boardwalks will give visitors the opportunity to view world class sculptures in an unparalleled setting.
Artists selected for exhibition will again have the opportunity to participate in Sculpture Otherwise an indoor exhibition of small scale works.
A new initiative for 2014 is the Sculpture at Scenic World and Blue Mountains Cultural Centre partnership which will see one artist afforded the opportunity to exhibit at the Cultural Centre from 9 June – 7 July 2014.
2014 EXHIBITION HIGHLIGHTS
An estimated 60,000 international and national visitors will view Sculpture at Scenic World. Artists will exhibit their works and will vie for awards and acquisitions including:
- $20,000 Scenic World Acquisitive Award
- $5,000 Artists Peer Award
- $2,000 Scenic World Staff Award
- $1,000 People’s Choice Award sponsored by The Carrington, Blue Mountains
- Award trophies designed and hand-crafted by internationally acclaimed, local glass artist Keith Rowe.
2014 Exhibiting Artists:
- Angus Adameitis (NSW),
- Kay Andonopoulos (NSW),
- Elianna Apostolides (NSW),
- Paul Begg (Blue Mountains),
- Bronwyn Berman (NSW),
- Ana Carter (NSW),
- Simon Alexander Cook (NSW),
- Culkin + Geyer (Blue Mountains),
- Jayanto Damanik (NSW),
- DoGsWooD (NSW),
- Roger Foley-fogg (Blue Mountains),
- Todd Fuller (NSW),
- Linda Galbraith (NSW),
- Hobart Hughes (NSW),
- Adam James k (Blue Mountains),
- Zhou Jian-wen (PRC),
- Daniel Kojta (Blue Mountains),
- Ted Nettle (NSW),
- Kirsteen Pieterse (Hong Kong),
- Sandra Pitkin (NSW),
- Louis Pratt (NSW),
- Deborah Redwood (NSW),
- Tobias Richardson (Blue Mountains),
- Morgan Shimeld (NSW),
- Jacqueline Spedding (Blue Mountains),
- David Sudmalis (Blue Mountains),
- Marcus Tatton (Tasmania),
- Henryk Topolnicki (Blue Mountains),
- Terrence Wright (NSW),
- Kayo Yokoyama (Blue Mountains).
More info visit:
Blue Mountains Culture Centre
This article archived 25 Jun 2014
On Fridays our 9-hole Single Stableford Comp that runs all day is gathering...
Australians generate more than 140,000 tonnes of electronic waste (e-waste)...
The Australian Government and the Alcohol and Drug Foundation (ADF) have...
Are you teaching your young person to drive or about to start? Teachin...
Life can sometimes get complicated, and there are times when you need...
The Blue Mountains Botanic Garden, Mount Tomah
Around Sydney Tours
The Blue Mountains Theatre and Community Hub
The Mountain Heritage
Big Trout Motor Inn