Blue Mountains News
Make your submission on Council's Draft Delivery Program and Operational Plan
This is the largest amount ever spent by Council in a year, and this will be a significant boost to local recovery and community wellbeing.
Council has prepared its Draft Delivery Program 2017-2021 and Operational Plan 2020/21 and invites the views of the community, following endorsement of the draft plan at the Council Meeting on 26 May 2020.
The draft documents are on public exhibition until 25 June 2020.
Mayor Mark Greenhill said: “In the coming year, a number of significant projects that improve community infrastructure, will continue or commence including the:
- Glenbrook Park Playground Stage 2 – creation of a new inclusive, accessible, interactive play area catering for seven to 12 year olds.
- Wentworth Falls Lake – development of a multi-purpose shelter and upgrades to connectivity and accessibility.
- Buttenshaw Park Youth Playspace – an adventure playground targeted to teenage interests, as well as connectivity and accessibility upgrades.
- Blackheath Soldiers Memorial Park – a new toilet block and new accessible pedestrian pathways.
- Scenic Eastern Escarpment Project – a significant upgrade of 2.35km of walking tracks between key features in Knapsack Reserve.
- Katoomba Outdoor Pool Upgrade – including a new concourse for the 50m outdoor pool, landscaping and associated works.
- Springwood Town Centre Masterplan – including elements of the Springwood Town Centre Public Domain Plan that builds on existing street and landscape features to provide a more attractive public space.
- Springwood Library Upgrade – redevelopment of the public area so that it’s a larger, contemporary, light-filled space.
- Lawson Parklands – construction of accessible pathways, dog off leash area, seating and associated landscaping works.
- External Active Transport Links – improving connections and accessibility between town centres and popular locations.
- Blackheath Town Centre – including elements of the Blackheath Village Centre Public Domain Plan that have been prioritised by the community in recent consultation.
- Visitor Infrastructure Investment Strategic Plan Capital Works
- Upgrade of Recreation Facility at Knapsack Park
- Knapsack Park and Lapstone Oval upgrades
- Culvert replacement for Cliff Drive Leura.
“Council will also continue to deliver a wide range of services across the 27 towns and villages within the City of the Blue Mountains.”
The Draft Operational Plan includes: four-year and one-year priority actions; asset works program; budget; rating statement; and fees and charges. They align with, and are guided by the Blue Mountains Community Strategic Plan 2035, and the Council’s Resourcing Strategy.
Council Chief Executive Officer Dr Rosemary Dillon said: "The Delivery Program and Operational Plan supports achievement of the Council’s vision for building a more sustainable and successful future for the Blue Mountains. We invite all residents and community groups to view these draft documents and make their submissions on them."
Lodge your comments by 25 June.
Katoomba Falls Tourist Park has been awarded a Travellers’ Choice Awar...
This year Blue Mountains City Council is celebrating the 20th Anniversary...
Support has been extended for bushfire-impacted small businesses acros...
National Parks & Wildlife Service
Blue Mountains National Park –...
Katoomba High School Year 9 student Ariel Fraser has been awarded with...
Fifth Ave Katoomba Retreat Spend quality time with your Dad, Grand dad or Uncle at our hands-on Italian cooking classes. Enquire by email to book.
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Don't miss Father's Day. Chauffeured delivered goodies from $99. Sorry, Blue Mountains Only - Call Rob on 0400500542
Watercolour Workshop with Artist David Wardman next available workshop 4th October 2020, the workshops are held in my studio on the first Sunday of each month, Septemb
Valley of the Waters Mon-Thurs Cliff View room $249 per double per night, or The Loft suite $269 including cooked or continental breakfasts
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Three night midweek stay $600 in one of our Possums Cabins for Couples