Blue Mountains News
Locals Urged to Prepare for Bushfire Season
There are many ways that RFS brigades are available to help locals get ready including local station drop-in sessions, online video link meet-ups and street meetings.
Start thinking about your plan today with these five simple steps:·
- Know your risk - think about the area you’re in and the types of disasters that could affect you.
- Plan now for what you will do - sit down and talk with your family and plan for what you will do if a disaster affects your area.
- Get your home ready - prepare your home by doing general home maintenance and checking your insurance coverage.
- Be aware - find out how to prepare, what to do if there is a disaster in your area and connect with NSW emergency services to stay informed.
- Look out for each other - share information and help family, friends and neighbours who may need assistance.
“Knowing what to do if disaster strikes, and planning ahead, are the most powerful things you can do to stay safe,” said Mayor Mark Greenhill.
“Our emergency services are there for us, but we need to do the right thing by them and get prepared.”
Launching The Whitlams' new single 'The Ballad of Bertie Kidd'
Blue Mountains City Council welcomed SafeWork NSW’s apology this week...
October School Holiday Workshops
Penrith Regional Gallery
Lithgow Library Learning Centre will be participating in an online collaborative...
Council wishes to advise that the Lake Wallace (Wallerawang Dam) amenities...
Silk's Brasserie See Menus page for continuing Cv19 restrictions info. Book online or phone us, we do return messages.
Little Wombat Gallery and Roslyn Elms Images www.roslynelmsimages.com.au
Fairplay Sports At tennis camp, kids develop their serves, groundstrokes, volleys and overheads through game-play. Come join us!!
Eagle View Escape Nestled amongst the trees, enjoy nature and the tranqility whilst soaking in your Spa bath.
Kilbeggan Cottage Due to a cancellation we now have more available nights in the October school holidays but they won't last long!