Blue Mountains News
Lithgow Council Joins WSROC – Extends Western Sydney Footprint to Lithgow LGA
“Following a series of meetings between senior executives of WSROC and the General Manager of Lithgow and Cr Stephen Lesslie there was an agreed recognition by both parties that -
- Lithgow is strategically positioned to support Sydney’s growth to the west of the city.
- It is the closest city that offers agricultural, manufacturing and industrial bases on which to build future opportunities just on the other side of the Blue Mountains.
- Lithgow offers affordable living options relative to Sydney’s housing market.
- Investment in rail and road connectivity to the west of Greater Sydney provides mutual benefits to Lithgow and the metropolis of Sydney but especially Western Sydney and
- There is the opportunity to connect regional tourism in Western Sydney with tourism on the other side of the Blue Mountains,” said Mayor Stephen Lesslie.
“Lithgow Council will continue to support the membership of CENTROC as it transitions to the Joint Organisation model that Lithgow Council decided not to participate in, and should an opportunity for Lithgow Council to continue in an “observer” capacity with that successor entity without compromising our position, then we would certainly consider that opportunity,” said Cr Lesslie.
The WSROC region estimated Resident Population for 2017 is 1,608,757.
Formed in 1973, the Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils (WSROC) is a membership organisation that represents eight local councils in the Greater Western Sydney region.
WSROC's members include: Blacktown City Council, Blue Mountains City Council, Cumberland Council, Fairfield City Council, Hawkesbury City Council, Liverpool City Council, and City of Parramatta.
WSROC's primary role is to represent the councils and communities of Western Sydney, as well as developing resource sharing and other co-operative projects between member councils. WSROC also manages a number of projects, which are either funded jointly by its members or from external sources.
WSROC brings a collective voice to a number of issues which include transport, employment, regional planning, arts, health and sustainability.
A new initiative ‘Zero Waste Leura’ was launched at Leura Garage on 25...
Community enthusiasm for environmental conservation has grown this year,...
A Total Fire Ban has been declared for the Central Ranges, Northern Slopes,...
Lithgow Mayor, Ray Thompson had the privilege of wishing Dulcie Kearns...
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today congratulated Cindy Partridg...
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Hampers crammed with Blue Mountains-made delicacies to children or adults at any address in the local region.
Jenolan Caves Exclusive weekend accommodation or Chisolm's dining cave experiences available now.
Trumans Chartered Accountants Trumans November Newsletter now available. What does the “full expensing” write-off deduction mean for business?
Sunset Cottages Features include large fire pit, spa baths, BBQ, air-conditioning, cooking facilities.
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Family friendly, fully self contained cottages on offer