Blue Mountains News
Level 2 Restrictions Apply from 10 December
The biggest changes
- You can only use a watering can or bucket to water your garden before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- You can only use drip irrigation or smart watering systems for a maximum of 15 mins a day per watering zone, before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- You can only top up an existing pool or spa, using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle, watering can or bucket for a maximum of 15 minutes a day. You can only do this to replace water lost through evaporation, not to replace water deliberately removed from the pool or spa.
- You can only wash your vehicles with a bucket and sponge.
- You need a permit to fill new or renovated pools and spas that hold more than 500 L.
Using drinking water for firefighting, testing and related activities is not restricted.
Find out about special exemptions for residential customers at the Sydney Water website.
The restrictions apply to everyone in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra. This includes all residents and businesses.
Labor welcomes the announcement on the weekend of Government support t...
Millions of hectares of bush have been burned. Dozens of lives have been...
In partnership with the Australian Chamber Orchestra and Penrith Symphony...
Australia Day will be celebrated across the Lithgow region on Sunday 26th...
The Hydro Majestic Hotel will forge ahead with Roaring 20s Festival events...
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours Join Paranormal Pete on the Ghost Bus to investigate the reports of Ghosts & Hauntings in Blue Mountains. 0418 416 403
Lindsay's Cafe Lindsay's Cafe - The perfect lunch stop going up or down the mountains. @ The Norman Lindsay Gallery.
Around Sydney Tours Daily Tours AUD $99/Adult. Private Tours Available group of 2-4=$600; group of 5-6=$700
Blue Gum House Stay a week $1330 for two adults, $15 extra per night, per person. Linen and wood provided inclusive to the price.
Glen Isla Luxury Blue Mountains Accommodation Award winning historic accommodation for groups. Book instantly via our website.