Blue Mountains News
Level 2 Restrictions Apply from 10 December
The biggest changes
- You can only use a watering can or bucket to water your garden before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- You can only use drip irrigation or smart watering systems for a maximum of 15 mins a day per watering zone, before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- You can only top up an existing pool or spa, using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle, watering can or bucket for a maximum of 15 minutes a day. You can only do this to replace water lost through evaporation, not to replace water deliberately removed from the pool or spa.
- You can only wash your vehicles with a bucket and sponge.
- You need a permit to fill new or renovated pools and spas that hold more than 500 L.
Using drinking water for firefighting, testing and related activities is not restricted.
Find out about special exemptions for residential customers at the Sydney Water website.
The restrictions apply to everyone in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra. This includes all residents and businesses.
Image by Karolina Grabowska & Pezibear from Pixabay
This year Blue Mountains City Council is celebrating the 20th Anniversary...
Support has been extended for bushfire-impacted small businesses acros...
National Parks & Wildlife Service
Blue Mountains National Park –...
Katoomba High School Year 9 student Ariel Fraser has been awarded with...
Each year, Blue Mountains City Council releases its Waterways Health Snapshot,...
Watercolour Workshop with Artist David Wardman next available workshop 4th October 2020, the workshops are held in my studio on the first Sunday of each month, Septemb
Trumans Chartered Accountants Has your Super got you covered for insurance? With COVID-19, maybe not ... read on
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Valley of the Waters Mon-Thurs Cliff View room $249 per double per night, or The Loft suite $269 including cooked or continental breakfasts
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Three night midweek stay $600 in one of our Possums Cabins for Couples