Blue Mountains News
Jm Robson Aquatic Centre Outdoor Pool Re-opening
Once more, we are looking forward to offering our community an opportunity to get outside and swim for recreation or fitness.
The outdoor pool of the J M Robson Aquatic Centre will be re-open this coming weekend, Saturday 2 October 2021. Strict COVID-19 risk mitigation measures will apply as follows:
- Opening hours will be; Weekends and public holidays - 8am-4pm, Weekdays 6am-6pm
- Entry will only be permitted to those living in the Lithgow LGA with proof being required upon entry.
- An Arrive, Swim, Leave policy will be in place to ensure limited congregation at the facility. We recommend all patrons arrive in their swimwear ready for their swim as shower facilities will remain closed.
- A 2-hour swim limit will be in place for all swimming including recreation.
- QR code check in must be shown to staff before entry. No exceptions.
- There will be a capacity of 4 people per lane and 60 people in the recreation area with a maximum of 150 people allowed in the facility at any one time.
- Customers who are fully vaccinated are permitted entry as part of a group of 5 for exercise and recreation purposes (those 12 and under are excluded from this number). Customers who are not fully vaccinated will only be permitted entry with one other person.
- Children over the age of 12 will be permitted entry without an adult in groups no larger than 3.
- No equipment will be lent out at the centre at this time.
- All payments must be made by EFTPOS to reduce contact with cash and to abide by social distancing guidelines.
“I am very pleased that Lithgow is able to reopen the J M Robson Aquatic Centre, even in a limited capacity,” said Lithgow’s Mayor, Councillor Ray Thompson. “This is a state-of-the-art facility which offers residents the opportunity to get outside and exercise. After a period of lockdown, this is important for our mental and physical health.”
“With this in mind, I would like to advise all patrons who held a membership or visit pass during the local lockdown period will have their passes extended from season open”, said Mayor Thompson. “The extension will be for 6 weeks, reflecting the period of lockdown. Please see our friendly customer service staff at the Aquatic Centre should you wish to take advantage of this opportunity.”
Lithgow City Council continues to offer services in line with contemporary advice from NSW Health and update its COVID-safe plans and operating procedures accordingly. We look forward to seeing our residents at the facility.
Council is hosting a free online expo on Saturday 30 October to help residents...
Blue Mountains City Council and the Stronger Families Alliance are conducting...
Lithgow City Council is re-opening public facilities such as communit...
Following the success of the Love Local campaign, Blue Mountains City...
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Scenic World The Skyway is squeaky clean and the Railway is ready to roll, Scenic World is set to re-open October 22.
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Transfer in luxury btw Sydney Airport and the Blue Mountains $350 Max 4 Passengers
Edith School House The perfect getaway with crisp clean air & beautiful surrounds near to Jenolan Caves Mayfield Waldara & lots more
Billabong Trout Fishing Farmstay Travel somewhere over the rainbow! Escape the pressures of city living! Bushwalk, observe bird life or just relax