Blue Mountains News
‘If You Love Us, Come and See Us’: Blue Mountains Mayor Urges Visitors to Return
Most Council lookouts and reserves have opened, now that fires surrounding the City have been contained. The National Parks and Wildlife Service has also reopened many lookouts, picnic areas and walking tracks.
“There are lots of small businesses, cafes and shops in the Blue Mountains, waiting for people to come and visit them right now,” Mayor Greenhill said.
“So our message is: ‘We are open for business. If you love us, come and see us.’ It’s the big attractions, but also the small businesses that dot our main streets, that need visitors to start coming back.
“Recent bush fires mean that visitors stayed away over the traditionally busy Christmas/New year period. The best tonic for us is for people to come back and visit now. Come to the Blue Mountains to shop and stay overnight. That’s the way the broader community can support our community.
“Council will continue to support our community to recover after these unprecedented bush fires.”
Upcoming Blue Mountains events include:
- The final weekend of the Leura Shakespeare Festival at Everglades Garden, Leura, on 24-26 January. Get more information
- Wines of the West Festival at The Carrington Hotel, Katoomba, on 25-26 January. Get more information
- Scenic World Lunar New Year 2020 at Scenic World, Katoomba from 25 January-9 February. Get more information
- Australia Day with the Australian Gnome Convention at Glenbrook Park, Glenbrook, on 26 January. Get more information
- Museum Special Open Day – Australia Day at Valley Heights Rail Museum, Valley Heights on 26 January. Get more information
- Blue Mountains Ukulele Festival at The Carrington Hotel, Katoomba, from 7-9 February. Get more information
- Jazz in the Garden at Norman Lindsay Gallery, Springwood, on 29 February. Get more information
- Blue Mountains Music Festival on 13-16 March. Get more information
For a full list of other Summer events in the Blue Mountains.
Blue Mountains City Council has waived sportsground fees for the current...
A Wildlife Recovery Mayoral Reference Group (WRMRG) will be establishe...
Council’s Bushfire Recovery Action Plan outlines recovery efforts sinc...
This year marks the 20th Anniversary of the Greater Blue Mountains region...
Karen Curran - The Heart of Us When words are not enough. All ages. Gentle processes to change the effects of anxiety, worry, trauma, grief, stress.
Little Wombat Gallery and Roslyn Elms Images We are pleased to announce the reopening of Little Wombat Gallery 10/11/12 July!
A Timeless Love Marriage Celebrant I am a highly regarded and experienced Celebrant, ready to help you create your dream wedding ceremony.
Eagle View Escape
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Winter is here! Toast marshmallows around the cosy fire-pit.