Blue Mountains News
How to be Pool Safe this Summer Season
Like all outdoor play the key to minimising accidents and incidents is active, engaged adult supervision at all times. Children have been known to drown in as a little as 5 centimetres of water.
Now that summer is here it is a good time to go through your water safety checklist. Use the list below to help decrease drowning hazards and ensure safe water play for children.
- Always give constant adult supervision when in or near water and within arm’s reach for children under five
- Remember floatation devices are not lifesaving devices
- Familiarise children with water and teach them to swim
- Learn resuscitation or take a refresher course
Also, if you own a backyard pool or visit one:
- Never leave items against the fence that children can use to climb up
- Always close the pool gate
- Check that the pool fence is in good condition and the gate is self-closing and self-locking
- Keep a CPR chart in the pool area
Did you know that some councils provide swimming programs for adults and children. Contact your local council for more information? Alternatively, visit Swim School Australia to locate your nearest swim school.
A new initiative ‘Zero Waste Leura’ was launched at Leura Garage on 25...
Community enthusiasm for environmental conservation has grown this year,...
A Total Fire Ban has been declared for the Central Ranges, Northern Slopes,...
Lithgow Mayor, Ray Thompson had the privilege of wishing Dulcie Kearns...
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today congratulated Cindy Partridg...
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Hampers crammed with Blue Mountains-made delicacies to children or adults at any address in the local region.
Jenolan Caves Exclusive weekend accommodation or Chisolm's dining cave experiences available now.
Trumans Chartered Accountants Trumans November Newsletter now available. What does the “full expensing” write-off deduction mean for business?
Sunset Cottages Features include large fire pit, spa baths, BBQ, air-conditioning, cooking facilities.
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Family friendly, fully self contained cottages on offer