5:52pm Tuesday, 25 September BlueMountainsAustralia.com
Blue Mountains News
Hazard Reduction Burns Scheduled for Springwood and Lawson
The burns are expected to take place between Saturday 19th and Monday 21st May, weather permitting.
If you are in the local area you might consider taking the following precautions:
- Keep doors, skylights and windows closed to prevent smoke and embers entering homes
- Keep outdoor furniture under cover to prevent ember burns
- Retract pool covers to prevent ember damage
- Remove washing from clotheslines
- Ensure pets have a protected area
- If you are driving, slow down, keep windows up and turn headlights on
- If you have asthma or a lung condition, reduce outdoor activities, if smoke levels are high and if shortness of breath or coughing develops, take your reliever medication or seek medical advice.
Avoid approaching this area for some time after the hazard reduction as there may be falling limbs and trees as well as hot ash. Consult your local brigade for advice on conditions.
For health information relating to smoke from bush fires and hazard reduction burning, visit NSW Health or the Asthma Foundation. For more information about hazard reduction, refer to RFS NSW or the NSW RFS Fires Near Me app.
Update 18 May 2015 - a burn is also planned at Korowal School on 20th May.
Korowal School east of Queens Road between Sulman Road, Alpine Avenue, Hilltop Crescent and Binowee Drive, Hazelbrook.
This article archived 17 Jul 2018
The Mayfield National Cool Climate Wine and Food Festival is nearly here,...
NSW households and businesses will soon be able to join the community-led...
Friday week (5th October) is our annual Seniors Pro-Am...
Loved by the people, Caesar’s power is growing – which is dangerous if...
Our Blue Mountains Leisure Centres are gearing up for the Spring/Summe...
The Blue Mountains Theatre and Community Hub
Around Sydney Tours
Simmo's Offroad Tours
Kurrara Guest House
Den Fenella Lodge