Blue Mountains News
Have Your Say on the Glenbrook Station Upgrade
“I’m pleased to advise that the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) outlining the plans for the upgrade is now on display and open for feedback from the public,” Stuart Ayres said.
“The upgrade will significantly improve the experience for customers with limited mobility, those with a disability, people with prams and luggage and the elderly,” Stuart Ayres said.
“Community members are also invited to meet with the Transport for NSW project team who will be onsite at Glenbrook Station between 4pm and 6pm on Thursday 15 November and Tuesday 20 November.”
Key features of the upgrade include:
- A new lift to provide access to the existing footbridge,
- a new accessible kiss-and-ride area on Burfitt Parade,
- upgrades to CCTV, wayfinding and lighting to improve safety and security,
- new ambulant and family bathrooms,
- new station entrance and accessible pathways connecting the Eastern car park on Burfitt Parade to the station,
- upgrades to existing platform surfaces and footpaths around the station precinct to improve accessibility.
How good would it be for you and your family and friends to swim or work...
The upper mountains local Primary schools of Our Lady of Nativity Lawson,...
Scenic World’s annual art exhibition, Sculpture at Scenic World, has cemented...
Council is adapting how it manages public lands, following recent legislation...
Blue Mountains City Council is seeking two new community members to join...
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours Join Paranormal Pete to investigate the reports of Ghosts & Hauntings at the Museum, 7th JUNE. 0247 512 622
Blue Mountains Concert Society Sun 16 June, 2.30pm, Blue Mountains Theatre, Macquarie Rd, Springwood. See website for more info.
Think Conveyancing Blue Mountains A conveyancing-only law firm, where top priority is to maximise your savings while minimising your legal risk. Call now.
Hills Havens BOOK Fri and Sat nights and have SUNDAY night from $100.
Kilbeggan Cottage We've just had a cancellation for the long weekend in June so book your long weekend at Kilbeggan Cottage now!