Blue Mountains News
Have your say on draft Plan of Management and amended Masterplan for South Lawson Park
“This is an exciting new stage in the development of this popular, extensive area at Lawson,” Mayor Mark Greenhill said. “The final designs take into account the varying requirements of different park users, while taking care of the natural environment.
“The designs were developed following detailed community consultation in 2018 and 2019. The result will be a delightful new amenity that can be enjoyed by all residents.
“We now encourage all interested residents to look at the new version of the Masterplan and the draft Plan of Management too, and give their feedback.”
Residents can review the documents and designs online and have their say until 21 February 2021.
The final designs include:
- Accessible paths from Ferris Lane and Wilson Street towards the new dog area continue as a loop walk to enjoy the quieter outskirts of the park.
- Inside the fenced dog off leash area, several tracks and play zones offer opportunities to play and run and rest.
- The nature exploration area provide opportunities for families to discover and be led by the natural features.
- Grass terrace seating creates a natural amphitheatre for informal gatherings and small community events.
- Water refill stations will be available throughout the park.
- Increased riparian zone means more locally sourced natives to protect the creekline, swamp and wet areas.
A Masterplan is a detailed plan that guides future design to improve function and access, facilitate social activity and amenity, while recognising the existing character. A Plan of Management is a legal document to guide how the park will be managed. It establishes directions for planning, permissible uses, management and maintenance of the land.
Construction of the fenced dog off leash area and accessible pathways will commence in 2021.
The public exhibition closes on 21 February 2021.
The seven Blue Mountains Rotary Clubs, supported by Blue Mountains Cit...
Reducing Council's carbon emissions to zero by 2025 makes great environmental...
A new education campaign has been released by Blue Mountains City Council...
Local Land Services (LLS) is reminding livestock owners to still be prepared...
Blue Mountains City Council is providing reusable face masks to those...
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Blue Mountains Luxury Tours - Stretch Limousine, Caprice, 1929 Cadillac LaSalle
The Blue Mountains Theatre and Community Hub Explore the world of anime films these holidays! 20-22 January. Details and tickets at bluemountainstheatre.com.au
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Family friendly, fully self contained cottages on offer
Matildas Of Leura Enjoy a comfortable stay in this delightful self-contained 3 bed cottage only minutes from Leura Mall