Blue Mountains News
Have Your Say on Council’s Proposed Service Delivery Plan and Budget for 2019-20
Council has prepared its draft update of the Delivery Program 2017-2021 and Operational Plan for 2019-2020 and invites the views of the community, following endorsement of the draft plan at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 30 April 2019.
The draft documents are on public exhibition from Thursday 2 May until Wednesday 29 May 2019.
Mayor, Cr Mark Greenhill, said: “In the coming year, a number of significant projects will continue or commence delivery including the:
- Southern Scenic Escarpment Program
- Liveability Program – Glenbrook Park Playground Stage 2, Buttenshaw Park Youth Playspace, Wentworth Falls Lake, Blackheath Soldiers Memorial Park, Scenic Eastern Escarpment, Katoomba Outdoor Pool upgrade, Springwood Town Centre and Blackheath Town Centre Masterplans and the Lawson Crown Lands Masterplan implementation
- Visitor Infrastructure Investment Strategic Plan Capital Works
- Implementation of the Blackheath Town Centre Grant Projects
- Upgrade of Recreation Facility at Knapsack Park, Glenbrook
- Road Renewal and Reseal Program
- Drainage renewal at Leura
- Heavy vehicle replacement program.
“In addition, the council will continue to deliver an extensive range of services across the 27 towns and villages within the City of the Blue Mountains.”
The Draft Operational Plan 2019-2020 includes: four-year and one-year priority actions; asset works program; budget; rating statement; special variation expenditure; and fees and charges. It also presents a new operating model and organisation structure that is designed to increase efficiency and improve service delivery.
The draft update of the Delivery Program 2017-2021 and Operational Plan 2019-2020 can be viewed at the website or in hardcopy at Katoomba and Springwood offices or in Council libraries. Lodge your comments by Wednesday, 29 May 2019.
Lake Wallace is again experiencing high levels of blue green algae, an...
The GIVE A DAM campaign will be hosting a fundraiser dinner on the 15t...
The Western Sydney Business Centre provides business advice and...
Lake Wallace continues to experience blue green algae, and has now bee...
Story is at the forefront for troubadour Áine Tyrrell whose rich song-writing...
Lindsay's Cafe Relax with all day breakfast or lunch in the sunshine under the autumn trees @ the Norman Lindsay Gallery
The House of Wool Saturday June 29th, Sunday June 30th, Saturday July 27th, 10am to 3pm. Contact us for details.
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours Join Paranormal Pete to investigate the reports of Ghosts & Hauntings at the Museum, 7th JUNE. 0247 512 622
Seclusions Limited cabin accommodation for June long weekend. Min 3. nights for $960. Enquire via website.
Hills Havens BOOK Fri and Sat nights and have SUNDAY night from $100.