Blue Mountains News
Have Your Say on Council’s Proposed Service Delivery Plan and Budget for 2019-20
Council has prepared its draft update of the Delivery Program 2017-2021 and Operational Plan for 2019-2020 and invites the views of the community, following endorsement of the draft plan at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 30 April 2019.
The draft documents are on public exhibition from Thursday 2 May until Wednesday 29 May 2019.
Mayor, Cr Mark Greenhill, said: “In the coming year, a number of significant projects will continue or commence delivery including the:
- Southern Scenic Escarpment Program
- Liveability Program – Glenbrook Park Playground Stage 2, Buttenshaw Park Youth Playspace, Wentworth Falls Lake, Blackheath Soldiers Memorial Park, Scenic Eastern Escarpment, Katoomba Outdoor Pool upgrade, Springwood Town Centre and Blackheath Town Centre Masterplans and the Lawson Crown Lands Masterplan implementation
- Visitor Infrastructure Investment Strategic Plan Capital Works
- Implementation of the Blackheath Town Centre Grant Projects
- Upgrade of Recreation Facility at Knapsack Park, Glenbrook
- Road Renewal and Reseal Program
- Drainage renewal at Leura
- Heavy vehicle replacement program.
“In addition, the council will continue to deliver an extensive range of services across the 27 towns and villages within the City of the Blue Mountains.”
The Draft Operational Plan 2019-2020 includes: four-year and one-year priority actions; asset works program; budget; rating statement; special variation expenditure; and fees and charges. It also presents a new operating model and organisation structure that is designed to increase efficiency and improve service delivery.
The draft update of the Delivery Program 2017-2021 and Operational Plan 2019-2020 can be viewed at the website or in hardcopy at Katoomba and Springwood offices or in Council libraries. Lodge your comments by Wednesday, 29 May 2019.
Blue Mountains Mayor Mark Greenhill will take a Mayoral Minute to Council...
Blue Mountains City Council has received just over $40,000 for Springwood...
The Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre Presents;
The Lithgow Local Drug Action Team and Lithgow City Council, in association...
The oldest building in the Blue Mountains will celebrate the region’s...
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours Join Paranormal Pete on the Ghost Bus to investigate the reports of Ghosts & Hauntings in Blue Mountains. 0418 416 403
Freeland Hiking Co. Come and explore the mountains with us on a day-tour in the Blue Mountains.
Lindsay's Cafe Join us for Breakfast or Lunch. Open from 9am weekends. 10am weekdays @ the Norman Lindsay Gallery
Sophia's of Leura Come and see the beautiful colours in Leura this Autumn. Book now for your escape.
Blue Gum House $480 special this weekend for 2 adults, linen included. + $30 per additional person, per night !