Blue Mountains News
Good Progress Report for Council at Half Way Mark of 2018-2019
As at 31 December 2018, the six month progress report identified 73% of Major Projects, 86% of the Assets Works Program and 97% of Operational Plan actions for 2018-2019 are on track.
Blue Mountains Mayor, Cr Mark Greenhill, said: “Council also continues to reduce its debt ahead of target and has a healthy investment balance of close to $30 million at the six month mark.”
Council also continues to resource asbestos and hazardous materials management, which has resulted in the need to re-prioritise work and redirect funds during the financial year.
Major Projects on track as planned are:
- Walking track and lookout upgrades for the Southern Scenic Escarpment Program.
- The Blaxland Waste Cell Landfill liner project completed, and
- District Park upgrades at Glenbrook and Blackheath Soldiers Memorial Park. The Wentworth Falls Lake Park upgrade is delayed, but still on track for completion this financial year.
Other highlights, so far for the 2018-2019 year, include Council:
- Adopting the 10-year Open Space and Recreation Strategic Plan.
- Being honoured in three categories, including Customer Service Team of the Year, at the 2018 National Local Government Customer Service Awards.
- Piloting projects relating to community resilience and local recovery planning.
- Opening a new Visitor Information Centre at Glenbrook.
- Preparing a funding submission for the Liveability Program, under the Western Sydney City Deal, which has since delivered $18.7 million to the City.
- Completing a six-year restoration project at Popes Glen, and
- Successful events such as the White Ribbon Day Mayoral breakfast, Leura Swampfest, Children’s Week Family Fun Day and the Grandparents and Elders Day.
The Council committed to delivering 218 individual actions in 2018-2019 and of those, only five are behind target due to unforeseen delays. It is anticipated that work will be completed on those this financial year.
New Book that Promises to Help Mothers Start and Grow Their Businesses...
National Parks & Wildlife Service
Blue Mountains National Park –...
Enduring Beauty | June 2020 | Jennifer Gabbay
Day Gallery, Blackh...
A Blue Mountains university student looking to brush up on her medical...
Bushfire-affected small businesses in the Blue Mountains and Lithgow region...
Katoomba Family Hotel BOTTLE SHOP PRODUCTS AND PUB FOOD - 4782 1106
Alexandra Hotel Takeaway & delivery still operating as usual, from 5pm, including cocktails. Sittings available for this weekend.
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Foley's Farm Perfect for families, small groups, four bedrooms, open plan country kitchen, tennis court
Hills Havens SAVE $$$ for 3 nights, 2 guests from $150 per night MIDWEEK...see www.hillshavensleura.com.au for details