Blue Mountains News
Good Progress Report for Council at Half Way Mark of 2018-2019
As at 31 December 2018, the six month progress report identified 73% of Major Projects, 86% of the Assets Works Program and 97% of Operational Plan actions for 2018-2019 are on track.
Blue Mountains Mayor, Cr Mark Greenhill, said: “Council also continues to reduce its debt ahead of target and has a healthy investment balance of close to $30 million at the six month mark.”
Council also continues to resource asbestos and hazardous materials management, which has resulted in the need to re-prioritise work and redirect funds during the financial year.
Major Projects on track as planned are:
- Walking track and lookout upgrades for the Southern Scenic Escarpment Program.
- The Blaxland Waste Cell Landfill liner project completed, and
- District Park upgrades at Glenbrook and Blackheath Soldiers Memorial Park. The Wentworth Falls Lake Park upgrade is delayed, but still on track for completion this financial year.
Other highlights, so far for the 2018-2019 year, include Council:
- Adopting the 10-year Open Space and Recreation Strategic Plan.
- Being honoured in three categories, including Customer Service Team of the Year, at the 2018 National Local Government Customer Service Awards.
- Piloting projects relating to community resilience and local recovery planning.
- Opening a new Visitor Information Centre at Glenbrook.
- Preparing a funding submission for the Liveability Program, under the Western Sydney City Deal, which has since delivered $18.7 million to the City.
- Completing a six-year restoration project at Popes Glen, and
- Successful events such as the White Ribbon Day Mayoral breakfast, Leura Swampfest, Children’s Week Family Fun Day and the Grandparents and Elders Day.
The Council committed to delivering 218 individual actions in 2018-2019 and of those, only five are behind target due to unforeseen delays. It is anticipated that work will be completed on those this financial year.
The GIVE A DAM campaign will be hosting a fundraiser dinner on the 15t...
The Western Sydney Business Centre provides business advice and...
Lake Wallace continues to experience blue green algae, and has now bee...
Story is at the forefront for troubadour Áine Tyrrell whose rich song-writing...
How good would it be for you and your family and friends to swim or work...
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours Join Paranormal Pete to investigate the reports of Ghosts & Hauntings at the Museum, 7th JUNE. 0247 512 622
Blue Mountains Concert Society Sun 16 June, 2.30pm, Blue Mountains Theatre, Macquarie Rd, Springwood. See website for more info.
Think Conveyancing Blue Mountains A conveyancing-only law firm, where top priority is to maximise your savings while minimising your legal risk. Call now.
Hills Havens BOOK Fri and Sat nights and have SUNDAY night from $100.
Kilbeggan Cottage We've just had a cancellation for the long weekend in June so book your long weekend at Kilbeggan Cottage now!