Blue Mountains News
Get ready to wriggle at Reptile Day 2019!
This fun family event is a great opportunity to gain fascinating insights into the wonderful world of reptiles, with talks, walks, and lots of fun activities for adults and children of all ages:
- Get up close with live reptile shows, hosted by an expert wildlife handler;
- Join our Ranger for a guided expedition – can you spot hidden animals on your Reptile Roadmap?
- Create an ochre snake painting and share in special Aboriginal stories;
- Pop into our Lizard Lounge and make your very own clay lizard to take home;
- Find out how to look after reptiles in your own backyard and protect important habitat of our local endangered Blue Mountains Water Skink.
Reptile Day will run between 10am – 2pm, all weather. Entry is by gold coin at the door.
For more information, go to the NPWS Reptile Day webpage or contact our friendly Heritage Centre team on (02) 4787-8877.
Saturday 7th September 2019
10am – 2pm
Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
End of Govetts Leap Road Blackheath
Blue Mountains Mayor Mark Greenhill will take a Mayoral Minute to Council...
Blue Mountains City Council has received just over $40,000 for Springwood...
The Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre Presents;
The Lithgow Local Drug Action Team and Lithgow City Council, in association...
The oldest building in the Blue Mountains will celebrate the region’s...
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours Join Paranormal Pete on the Ghost Bus to investigate the reports of Ghosts & Hauntings in Blue Mountains. 0418 416 403
Freeland Hiking Co. Come and explore the mountains with us on a day-tour in the Blue Mountains.
Lindsay's Cafe Join us for Breakfast or Lunch. Open from 9am weekends. 10am weekdays @ the Norman Lindsay Gallery
Sophia's of Leura Come and see the beautiful colours in Leura this Autumn. Book now for your escape.
Blue Gum House $480 special this weekend for 2 adults, linen included. + $30 per additional person, per night !