Blue Mountains News
Get ready to wriggle at Reptile Day 2019!
This fun family event is a great opportunity to gain fascinating insights into the wonderful world of reptiles, with talks, walks, and lots of fun activities for adults and children of all ages:
- Get up close with live reptile shows, hosted by an expert wildlife handler;
- Join our Ranger for a guided expedition – can you spot hidden animals on your Reptile Roadmap?
- Create an ochre snake painting and share in special Aboriginal stories;
- Pop into our Lizard Lounge and make your very own clay lizard to take home;
- Find out how to look after reptiles in your own backyard and protect important habitat of our local endangered Blue Mountains Water Skink.
Reptile Day will run between 10am – 2pm, all weather. Entry is by gold coin at the door.
For more information, go to the NPWS Reptile Day webpage or contact our friendly Heritage Centre team on (02) 4787-8877.
Saturday 7th September 2019
10am – 2pm
Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
End of Govetts Leap Road Blackheath
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith announced this week that 7 schools...
Contractors to undertake weed control works throughout Farmers Creek
The recently completed Portland and Wallerawang skate parks are causin...
Assistance from the NSW Government is available for people affected by...
Sydney Private Day Tours The best value blue mountains private tour from sydney
Trumans Chartered Accountants Property Development and Tax ... and more!
Scenic World Running from 28 September–13 October, this is a special opportunity to behold some of Australia’s amazing birds
Blue Gum House Stay 20th & 21st of September, $495 linen provided 2 adults, $20 per additional person, per night !
Cooinda Cottages Perfect family holiday close to home.Fully equipped kitchen, large BBQ areas, tennis court, overlooking golf course.