Blue Mountains News
Get ready to wriggle at Reptile Day 2019!
This fun family event is a great opportunity to gain fascinating insights into the wonderful world of reptiles, with talks, walks, and lots of fun activities for adults and children of all ages:
- Get up close with live reptile shows, hosted by an expert wildlife handler;
- Join our Ranger for a guided expedition – can you spot hidden animals on your Reptile Roadmap?
- Create an ochre snake painting and share in special Aboriginal stories;
- Pop into our Lizard Lounge and make your very own clay lizard to take home;
- Find out how to look after reptiles in your own backyard and protect important habitat of our local endangered Blue Mountains Water Skink.
Reptile Day will run between 10am – 2pm, all weather. Entry is by gold coin at the door.
For more information, go to the NPWS Reptile Day webpage or contact our friendly Heritage Centre team on (02) 4787-8877.
Saturday 7th September 2019
10am – 2pm
Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
End of Govetts Leap Road Blackheath
A new initiative ‘Zero Waste Leura’ was launched at Leura Garage on 25...
Community enthusiasm for environmental conservation has grown this year,...
A Total Fire Ban has been declared for the Central Ranges, Northern Slopes,...
Lithgow Mayor, Ray Thompson had the privilege of wishing Dulcie Kearns...
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today congratulated Cindy Partridg...
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Hampers crammed with Blue Mountains-made delicacies to children or adults at any address in the local region.
Jenolan Caves Exclusive weekend accommodation or Chisolm's dining cave experiences available now.
Trumans Chartered Accountants Trumans November Newsletter now available. What does the “full expensing” write-off deduction mean for business?
Sunset Cottages Features include large fire pit, spa baths, BBQ, air-conditioning, cooking facilities.
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Family friendly, fully self contained cottages on offer