Blue Mountains News
Get ready to wriggle at Reptile Day 2019!
This fun family event is a great opportunity to gain fascinating insights into the wonderful world of reptiles, with talks, walks, and lots of fun activities for adults and children of all ages:
- Get up close with live reptile shows, hosted by an expert wildlife handler;
- Join our Ranger for a guided expedition – can you spot hidden animals on your Reptile Roadmap?
- Create an ochre snake painting and share in special Aboriginal stories;
- Pop into our Lizard Lounge and make your very own clay lizard to take home;
- Find out how to look after reptiles in your own backyard and protect important habitat of our local endangered Blue Mountains Water Skink.
Reptile Day will run between 10am – 2pm, all weather. Entry is by gold coin at the door.
For more information, go to the NPWS Reptile Day webpage or contact our friendly Heritage Centre team on (02) 4787-8877.
Saturday 7th September 2019
10am – 2pm
Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
End of Govetts Leap Road Blackheath
Christmas does not mean that more household waste must be created. You...
Katie Toohey knew she would be helping the environment when she joined...
A burglary occurs in Australia every three minutes and the end-of-year...
Blue Mountains City Council has been calling for nominations for the 2020...
TAFE NSW Regional General Manager Michael Cullen is urging school leavers...
Entertainment Blue Mountains A Gatsby 1920s Party... is the BEST way to welcome in the new '20s. Molls & Gangsters, are you ready to dance!
Mountain Top Limousines Enjoy a fantastic drive in our 1929 "The Gatsby" era Limousine. $300 = 1 hour tour Max 4 passengers.Upper Mountains Only
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours Gift a loved one a goose bump filled experience, Ghost Tours & Paranormal Tours CALL PETE 0418 416 403 or 0247 512 622..
Glen Isla Luxury Blue Mountains Accommodation Award winning historic accommodation for groups. Book instantly via our website.
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Three night midweek stay $600 in one of our Possums Hideaway Cabins for couples