Blue Mountains News
Get ready to wriggle at Reptile Day 2019!
This fun family event is a great opportunity to gain fascinating insights into the wonderful world of reptiles, with talks, walks, and lots of fun activities for adults and children of all ages:
- Get up close with live reptile shows, hosted by an expert wildlife handler;
- Join our Ranger for a guided expedition – can you spot hidden animals on your Reptile Roadmap?
- Create an ochre snake painting and share in special Aboriginal stories;
- Pop into our Lizard Lounge and make your very own clay lizard to take home;
- Find out how to look after reptiles in your own backyard and protect important habitat of our local endangered Blue Mountains Water Skink.
Reptile Day will run between 10am – 2pm, all weather. Entry is by gold coin at the door.
For more information, go to the NPWS Reptile Day webpage or contact our friendly Heritage Centre team on (02) 4787-8877.
Saturday 7th September 2019
10am – 2pm
Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
End of Govetts Leap Road Blackheath
The Blue Mountains Heat of the Australian Poetry Slam is on again.
Dozens of aged and disability care jobs are available locally with leading...
Blue Mountains and Wollondilly councils, and the State Member for Blue...
Community groups, sporting clubs, and local Councils are being encouraged...
Blue Mountains City Council has been recognised on the national stage,...
Eagle View Escape Ask about our 'ditch your device' campaign. Willing to sacrifice your devices for the weekend?
Lindsay's Cafe Relax and explore Norman Lindsay's: Stop for breakfast or lunch at Faulconbridge. Air-conditioned in, delightful out
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours Join Paranormal Pete to investigate the reports of Ghosts & Paranormal activity at the Lithgow mine, 21st SEPTEMBER.
Blue Mountains Lakeside B&B & Self-contained Generous discounts on two night stays. Kayaks and fishing available.The Lake has a captivating Nature Walk.
Hills Havens SAVE $$$ when you BOOK 2 - 3 nights...see www.hillshavensleura.com.au for details and bookings.