Blue Mountains News
Get ready to wriggle at Reptile Day 2019!
This fun family event is a great opportunity to gain fascinating insights into the wonderful world of reptiles, with talks, walks, and lots of fun activities for adults and children of all ages:
- Get up close with live reptile shows, hosted by an expert wildlife handler;
- Join our Ranger for a guided expedition – can you spot hidden animals on your Reptile Roadmap?
- Create an ochre snake painting and share in special Aboriginal stories;
- Pop into our Lizard Lounge and make your very own clay lizard to take home;
- Find out how to look after reptiles in your own backyard and protect important habitat of our local endangered Blue Mountains Water Skink.
Reptile Day will run between 10am – 2pm, all weather. Entry is by gold coin at the door.
For more information, go to the NPWS Reptile Day webpage or contact our friendly Heritage Centre team on (02) 4787-8877.
Saturday 7th September 2019
10am – 2pm
Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
End of Govetts Leap Road Blackheath
Only days to go until the first Lithgow Halloween Film Awards.
Lead by acclaimed Persian-Australian tar player and composer Hamed Sadeghi,...
Mayor Mark Greenhill will take a Mayoral Minute to the next Council meeting...
Every woman must have a Little Black Dress (LBD) which can be worn tim...
A large crowd gathered at Capertee Royal Hotel on Sunday 13 October fo...
Lindsay's Cafe Visit the Norman Lindsay Gallery, enjoy all day breakfast or lunch, and taste the Magic Pudding at its literary home.
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours Join Paranormal Pete on the Ghost Bus to investigate the reports of Ghosts & Hauntings in Blue Mountains. 0418 416 403
Blue Mountains Concert Society "Time & Place", Sat 9 Nov, 7.30pm, Blue Mountains Theatre, Macquarie Rd, Springwood
The Mouse House
Hills Havens MIDWEEK SAVE $$$ for 2 - 3 nights, 2 guests from $169 per night...see www.hillshavensleura.com.au for details