Blue Mountains News
Farming Strong for Lithgow LGA
On 4th and 5th of November, Farming Strong will bring together local farmers, landowners and small businesses to learn about a range of topics, including:
- How to identify, develop and profit from innovation in the regenerative and organic food chain
- How to profit from the surge in organic demand and the emerging US trend towards regenerative branding
- Practical strategies to deliver higher profits whilst giving you more time to spend with your family
- How to tap into a supportive business eco-system and personal network
- How to profit from adopting regenerative practices to differentiate your product and build resilience into your production model
- Strategies for emerging rural leaders to define opportunity in the midst of crisis
- How to look after your physical, emotional and mental health during tough times
“This project was designed in response to feedback from last year’s community drought relief project events.” Mayor Ray Thompson said “Local farmers and the community asked for education around diversifying income as well as taking care of the mental and physical health of both ourselves and each other. We are really pleased that NBMPHN were able to come on board to help us make that happen”.
The Conference will take place in Hampton on November 4th and 5th and will include two full days of workshops, training, planning and learning together. Due to COVID restrictions there are only 50 places available and these are open primarily to residents of the Lithgow LGA with a few spots reserved for Hawkesbury and Blue Mountains residents.
All meals, accommodation and conference registration are fully funded by the NBMPHN. There is a $30 booking fee per person which will be donated to local bush fire relief organisations.
Following the conference there will be an ongoing mentoring program and further events during the next 12 months.
You can also get more information by contacting council on 63549999.
The Blue Mountains Cultural Centre has commissioned five street artist...
Lithgow Council has welcomed the report by its volunteer working group...
Blue Mountains City Council has won two awards at Local Government NSW’s...
Blue Mountains City Council is offering seven work opportunities, as part...
As part of the planned upgrades at Pioneer Park Lithgow, Lithgow City...
Blue Mountains Canyoning Adventures Weekdays Small Groups Canyoning experience with a guide to client ratio of 1:4 Click the Book Now Button!
Silk's Brasserie From November SILK'S will be permanently based at SILVERMERE in Wentworth Falls, just 7 minutes from Leura.
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Enjoy our selection of modern Caprice ,Stretch Limo and our 1929 Cadillac LaSalle for local tours.
Eagle View Escape Nestled amongst the trees, enjoy nature and the tranqility whilst soaking in your Spa bath.
Melaleuca Mountain Retreat Views that will leave you breathless, a place to relax. Melaleuca Mountain Retreat offers the perfect getaway !!