Blue Mountains News
Expression of Interest – Wentworth Falls Lake Precinct Stakeholder Advisory Group
The Wentworth Falls Lake Precinct Stakeholder Advisory Group will provide feedback to Council on the planning of the Wentworth Falls Lake Precinct upgrade project. It will provide a forum for discussion among community representatives and BMCC and help to develop a shared understanding of key project considerations.
Community members will be selected from among those who nominate during the Expression of Interest process, seeking a diversity of interests as follows:
- Bushcare and environmental matters
- Blue Mountains residents
- Existing user groups of the precinct
- Potential user groups of the precinct
- Role of District Park recreational facilities in the Blue Mountains.
To express your interest in joining the Advisory Group, please complete the submission form (also available in the tab below) by Friday, 27 October 2023.
We are preparing for the exciting next stage of the Wentworth Falls Lake Precinct upgrade.
Council has been working to carefully enhance the upgrade plans for Wentworth Falls Lake, in order to deliver an expanded package of works that best support the community’s vision for this iconic recreational precinct.
Most recently, Council secured an extra $8.5 million under the NSW Government’s WestInvest Program, which significantly expands the scope of what can be achieved at the lake.
This funding boost is in addition to the original grant from the Western Parkland City Livability Program and funding secured by way of a Preparing Australian Communities - Local Stream Grant.
Each grant provides funding to deliver an exciting piece of the overall vision for the lake:
- Dam upgrades: upgrade of the spillways, upstream dam wall and weir infrastructure to improve control of water levels for fire protection and community resilience. An upgraded boat ramp, landscaping and staging area for emergency vehicles will also be delivered.
- Accessible walkway and viewing platform: a new pedestrian bridge and viewing platform, and improvements to how visitors access the northern edge of the lake to Waratah Road.
- Loop walk: a full loop walk around the lake and a link to Waratah Road.
- Carparks: new carparks on Sinclair Crescent and Waratah Road.
- Plus upgraded precinct seating, shelters and BBQ facilities.
Council is now positioned to deliver the best outcome for the community through a broad package of upgrades that not only enhance how the lake and its surroundings can be experienced, but provide increased protections from future flood and fire events..
Stay up to date with updates on this page here
The National Parks project to upgrade the Wentworth Falls picnic area...
Blue Mountains City Council is celebrating the third annual Love Local...
More than 80 people gathered at the Blue Mountains Theatre and Community...
The Blue Mountains Cultural Centre is partnering with the National Gallery...
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Enjoy our 9 seat Stretch Limo with TV & Champagne Bar. Travel in Style!
Fifth Ave Katoomba Retreat Experience La Dolce Vita in the Blue Mtns with one of our Cooking Classes on your next trip.
Simmo's Offroad Tours 4WD Tag-a-Long Tour showcasing the Blue Mountains, an introduction to four wheel driving, Sunday 10th December
La Casetta Guest review: Such a stunningly practical luxurious home, close to the magnificent mountains, restaurants, markets,shops
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Toast marshmallows around the cosy firepit.