Blue Mountains News
COVID-19 Response– Update for Lithgow Solid Waste Facility
The current opening conditions have proven effective in controlling the number of people on site and helping manage the COVID-19 pandemic in our region. To assist residents Council is introducing some flexibility for general public access accepting all household waste during the week. However this will continue to be by appointment only. Pre-booked weekday access was previously to cater for more pressing waste disposal issues that could not wait until the weekend or where a kerbside service was not available to the resident. These restrictions no longer apply with all domestic waste from Lithgow residents able to be deposited at the landfill subject to prior appointment.
Restrictions regarding social distancing on site remain and these will be updated in line with the NSW Government Public Health Order.
Lithgow Solid Waste Facility will therefore continue to operate under the following COVID-19 Risk Management protocols:
- All persons unloading waste at the landfill are required to maintain 1.5 metre social distancing
- General public access should preferably occur Saturdays and Sundays only.
- General public access will now be available during the week for household waste disposal by appointment only by phoning the gatehouse on 0417 226 429 prior to travelling to the site.
- No members of the public are to visit the site if suffering flu like symptoms or under self-isolation restrictions.
- Persons must follow landfill attendant’s instructions at all times.
- 3 designated tipping areas will be open at the light vehicle general waste tipping zone – drivers must wait until unloading area clear to access the tipping area and unload waste
- Persons unloading green waste must maintain a 5 metre separation between vehicles.
- Only one vehicle is to be in site recycling areas (metal, cardboard, E-waste) area at any time.
- Only one vehicle is to be unloading mattresses or tyres at any time.
- No cash sales for mattresses/tyres.
Council continues to provide a kerbside service to manage essential waste and is still asking residents to avoid visiting the waste facility where possible. Residents must also abide by any other restrictions in relation to COVID-19 including the reasons for leaving home under the NSW Public Health Order. Residents are reminded there may be delays entering the site and people are asked to be patient and remain courteous to landfill staff.
It is essential that residents continue to follow the protocols on site to protect landfill workers, other customers and themselves. The site will remain open subject to the these protocols being effective and any further developments from the NSW or Commonwealth governments in relation to COVID-19.
Council thanks residents for their patience during this difficult time.
A new education campaign has been released by Blue Mountains City Council...
Local Land Services (LLS) is reminding livestock owners to still be prepared...
Blue Mountains City Council is providing reusable face masks to those...
If you live in the Greater Sydney Area which includes the Blue Mountains,...
Regenerate: Blue Mountains is a stunning artwork created by local schools...
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Blue Mountains Luxury Tours - Stretch Limousine, Caprice, 1929 Cadillac LaSalle
The Blue Mountains Theatre and Community Hub Explore the world of anime films these holidays! 20-22 January. Details and tickets at bluemountainstheatre.com.au
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Family friendly, fully self contained cottages on offer
Matildas Of Leura Enjoy a comfortable stay in this delightful self-contained 3 bed cottage only minutes from Leura Mall