Blue Mountains News
COVID-19 Response– Update for Lithgow Solid Waste Facility
The decision to open Lithgow Solid Waste Facility on weekends follows recent NSW Government advice on how waste facilities can remain open under the restrictions in place for COVID-19.
Lithgow Solid Waste Facility will therefore re-open with the following new COVID-19 Risk Management protocols:
- General public access will be restricted to Saturdays and Sundays only.
- However, general public access will also be available during the week by appointment only by phoning the gatehouse on 0417 226 429 prior to travelling to the site. Pre-booked weekday access is to cater for more pressing waste disposal issues that cannot wait until the weekend or weekly kerbside service, or where a kerbside service is not available to the resident.
- No members of the public to visit the site if suffering flu like symptoms or under self-isolation restrictions.
- Maximum two persons in any one vehicle delivering household waste.
- Persons must follow landfill attendants instructions at all times.
- Persons must maintain minimum physical distance requirements of 1.5m when unloading waste.
- Maximum of 5 general public vehicles access to landfill at any time – access controlled by weighbridge operator.
- 3 designated tipping areas open at general waste tipping zone – access to areas controlled by landfill attendant.
- Maximum three general public vehicles unloading in green waste area at any time – persons unloading must maintain a minimum of 5 metre separation distance from other vehicle.
- Only one vehicle in site recycling areas (metal, cardboard, E-waste) area at any time.
- Only one vehicle unloading mattresses or tyres at any time.
- No cash sales for mattresses/tyres.
Council continues to provide a kerbside service to manage essential waste and is asking residents to avoid visiting the waste facility where possible. Residents must still abide by any other restrictions in relation to COVID-19 including the reasons for leaving home under the NSW Public Health Order. Should residents find it necessary to dispose waste, there may be lengthy delays and people are asked to be patient and remain courteous to landfill staff.
It is essential that residents follow the new protocols on site to protect landfill workers, other customers and themselves. The site will remain open under the new arrangements subject to the these protocols being effective and any further developments from the NSW or Commonwealth governments in relation to COVID-19.
Council thanks residents for their patience during this difficult time.
From Tuesday 2 June, Libraries at Springwood and Katoomba will allow customers...
Blue Mountains City Council will partially reopen some library and cultural...
RSPCA is calling on animal lovers to bake a change in the fight agains...
We are looking for two qualified and experienced members of our community...
Due to Covid-19 Lithgow City Council’s planned Volunteer week celebrations...
Katoomba Family Hotel BOTTLE SHOP PRODUCTS AND PUB FOOD - 4782 1106
Alexandra Hotel Takeaway & delivery still operating as usual, from 5pm, including cocktails. Sittings available for this weekend.
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Foley's Farm Perfect for families, small groups, four bedrooms, open plan country kitchen, tennis court
Hills Havens SAVE $$$ for 3 nights, 2 guests from $150 per night MIDWEEK...see www.hillshavensleura.com.au for details