Blue Mountains News
Council Endorses Blue Mountains City of the Arts Grants
The successful projects reflect a range of art forms including visual arts, literature, music, textile arts, photography and cross-art forms.
Mayor, Cr Mark Greenhill, said the Blue Mountains City of the Arts Grants Program was created to build on the City’s reputation of being the State’s inaugural City of the Arts.
“This expansive grants program provides opportunities for the engagement of local artists and is a stimulus for creativity in the Blue Mountains,” Cr Greenhill said.
“With $50,000 a year for the Trust to administer the project, we are able to strengthen the arts and engage our local communities and visitors as both participants and audiences.”
The following six projects were selected based on their merit against the advertised program guidelines of quality and/or innovation, capacity and community engagement.
- Willem Hendriksen for FunKtion @ The Junction: A Musical Development Youth Mentorship Program – $10,000
- Miriam Williamson for Birdland (Drawing on the science of ornithology) – $8,800
- David Brazil for Re-take Blue Mountains (Re-photographing and re-imagining the images of early 20th Century Blue Mountains photographs) – $6,590
- The Big Fix for Blue Mountains Pluriversity Arts & Cultural Pilot Program – $10,000
- Modern Arts Projects Blue Mountains for Sewnup (Exploring the tension between beautiful textiles and clothing products and questionable aspects of their product cycle) – $9,300
- Varuna – The National Writers House for Blue Mountains Writers' Festival – $8,000
Council has also endorsed new committee members for the Blue Mountains City of the Arts Trust Advisory Committee. We welcome Susan Hayes, Cassandra Hard Lawrie and Marguerite Pepper to the committee as community representatives, for a three year term. We also thank Bridgette Van Leuven for her service on the committee.
Following the release of two brand new singles ‘Howlin at the Moon’ an...
Are you planning to buy a car seat? (or perhaps you know someone who is)<br...
Small business owners and their staff are invited to a free workshop t...
A Blue Mountains City Council officer has won both the NSW Environmental...
A night of fun and laughter for the whole family at the Old Hartley School...
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours Join Paranormal Pete to investigate the reports of Ghosts & Hauntings at the Museum, 18th October. 0247 512 622
Trumans Chartered Accountants Fiction (and facts) about work expenses deductions ... and more
Lindsay's Cafe A wonderful place to relax. Cool & air-conditioned inside, delightful outside. Next to the Norman Lindsay Gallery
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Three night midweek stay $600 in one of our Possums Cabins for Couples
Blue Gum House Stay 3 nights over a weekend $630 for 2 adults $30 per additional adult, $20 per child, per night, linen free.