Blue Mountains News
Council Endorses Blue Mountains City of the Arts Grants
The successful projects reflect a range of art forms including visual arts, literature, music, textile arts, photography and cross-art forms.
Mayor, Cr Mark Greenhill, said the Blue Mountains City of the Arts Grants Program was created to build on the City’s reputation of being the State’s inaugural City of the Arts.
“This expansive grants program provides opportunities for the engagement of local artists and is a stimulus for creativity in the Blue Mountains,” Cr Greenhill said.
“With $50,000 a year for the Trust to administer the project, we are able to strengthen the arts and engage our local communities and visitors as both participants and audiences.”
The following six projects were selected based on their merit against the advertised program guidelines of quality and/or innovation, capacity and community engagement.
- Willem Hendriksen for FunKtion @ The Junction: A Musical Development Youth Mentorship Program – $10,000
- Miriam Williamson for Birdland (Drawing on the science of ornithology) – $8,800
- David Brazil for Re-take Blue Mountains (Re-photographing and re-imagining the images of early 20th Century Blue Mountains photographs) – $6,590
- The Big Fix for Blue Mountains Pluriversity Arts & Cultural Pilot Program – $10,000
- Modern Arts Projects Blue Mountains for Sewnup (Exploring the tension between beautiful textiles and clothing products and questionable aspects of their product cycle) – $9,300
- Varuna – The National Writers House for Blue Mountains Writers' Festival – $8,000
Council has also endorsed new committee members for the Blue Mountains City of the Arts Trust Advisory Committee. We welcome Susan Hayes, Cassandra Hard Lawrie and Marguerite Pepper to the committee as community representatives, for a three year term. We also thank Bridgette Van Leuven for her service on the committee.
Greens Ward One candidate Sarah Redshaw has prioritised the push to transform...
National Parks & Wildlife Service
Blue Mountains National Park –...
The seven Blue Mountains Rotary Clubs, supported by Blue Mountains Cit...
Reducing Council's carbon emissions to zero by 2025 makes great environmental...
A new education campaign has been released by Blue Mountains City Council...
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Blue Mountains Luxury Tours - Stretch Limousine, Caprice, 1929 Cadillac LaSalle
The Blue Mountains Theatre and Community Hub Explore the world of anime films these holidays! 20-22 January. Details and tickets at bluemountainstheatre.com.au
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Family friendly, fully self contained cottages on offer
Matildas Of Leura Enjoy a comfortable stay in this delightful self-contained 3 bed cottage only minutes from Leura Mall