Blue Mountains News
Council Endorses Blue Mountains City of the Arts Grants
The successful projects reflect a range of art forms including visual arts, literature, music, textile arts, photography and cross-art forms.
Mayor, Cr Mark Greenhill, said the Blue Mountains City of the Arts Grants Program was created to build on the City’s reputation of being the State’s inaugural City of the Arts.
“This expansive grants program provides opportunities for the engagement of local artists and is a stimulus for creativity in the Blue Mountains,” Cr Greenhill said.
“With $50,000 a year for the Trust to administer the project, we are able to strengthen the arts and engage our local communities and visitors as both participants and audiences.”
The following six projects were selected based on their merit against the advertised program guidelines of quality and/or innovation, capacity and community engagement.
- Willem Hendriksen for FunKtion @ The Junction: A Musical Development Youth Mentorship Program – $10,000
- Miriam Williamson for Birdland (Drawing on the science of ornithology) – $8,800
- David Brazil for Re-take Blue Mountains (Re-photographing and re-imagining the images of early 20th Century Blue Mountains photographs) – $6,590
- The Big Fix for Blue Mountains Pluriversity Arts & Cultural Pilot Program – $10,000
- Modern Arts Projects Blue Mountains for Sewnup (Exploring the tension between beautiful textiles and clothing products and questionable aspects of their product cycle) – $9,300
- Varuna – The National Writers House for Blue Mountains Writers' Festival – $8,000
Council has also endorsed new committee members for the Blue Mountains City of the Arts Trust Advisory Committee. We welcome Susan Hayes, Cassandra Hard Lawrie and Marguerite Pepper to the committee as community representatives, for a three year term. We also thank Bridgette Van Leuven for her service on the committee.
Blue Mountains City Council is proud to launch Love Local Lessons, a series...
A significant donation has been made to the Bush Fire Mayoral Relief Fund...
A new campaign will focus on fighting the impact of foxes on native wildlife...
Earlier this year, Blue Mountains City Council asked for community feedback...
Lithgow City Council, in collaboration with the National Bushfire Recovery...
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Watercolour Workshop with Artist David Wardman next available workshop 2nd August 2020, the workshops are held in my studio on the first Sunday of each month
High and Wild Australian Adventures For a limited time we're offering 20% off all our adventures! Use promo code 'gettingoutthere' when booking online.
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Winter is here! Toast marshmallows around the cosy fire-pit.
Matildas Of Leura Enjoy a warm and comfortable winter escape at this delightful self-contained cottage only minutes from Leura Mall