Blue Mountains News
Council adopts Delivery Program and Operational Plan
The Delivery Program and Operational Plan presents the fourth year of Council’s planned activities, budget and fees and charges for 2020-2021, in the context of the four-year Delivery Program 2017-2021.
Mayor Cr Mark Greenhill said: “Council will complete and commence many major projects in the coming year, as well as deliver an extensive range of services to the 27 towns and villages across the City of the Blue Mountains.”
- Buttenshaw Park Youth Playspace – an adventure playground targeted to teenage interests, as well as connectivity and accessibility upgrades.
- Glenbrook Park Playground Stage 2 – creation of a new inclusive, accessible, interactive play area catering for seven to 12 year olds.
- Wentworth Falls Lake – development of a multi-purpose shelter and upgrades to connectivity and accessibility.
- Blackheath Soldiers Memorial Park – a new toilet block and new accessible pedestrian pathways.
- Scenic Eastern Escarpment Project – a significant upgrade of 2.35km of walking tracks between key features in Knapsack Reserve.
- Katoomba Outdoor Pool Upgrade – including a new concourse for the 50m outdoor pool, landscaping and associated works.
- Springwood Town Centre Masterplan – including elements of the Springwood Town Centre Public Domain Plan that builds on existing street and landscape features to provide a more attractive public space.
- Springwood Library Upgrade – redevelopment of the public area so that it’s a larger, contemporary, light-filled space.
- Lawson Parklands – construction of accessible pathways, dog off leash area, seating and associated landscaping works.
- Blackheath Town Centre – including elements of the Blackheath Village Centre Public Domain Plan that have been prioritised by the community in recent consultation.
- External Active Transport Links – improving connections and accessibility between town centres and popular locations.
- Visitor Infrastructure Investment Strategic Plan Capital Works
- Upgrade of Recreation Facility at Knapsack Park
- Culvert replacement for Cliff Drive Leura
Council’s Chief Executive Officer Dr Rosemary Dillon said: "Thanks to all residents who gave feedback during the public exhibition of the Delivery Program and the Operational Plan.
“The endorsed program and plan will guide us in achieving Council’s vision for a sustainable and successful future for the Blue Mountains."
For more information on our community infrastructure projects being completed as part of the Western Parkland City Liveability Program go to Blue Mountains City Council's Liveability Program page.
A new education campaign has been released by Blue Mountains City Council...
Local Land Services (LLS) is reminding livestock owners to still be prepared...
Blue Mountains City Council is providing reusable face masks to those...
If you live in the Greater Sydney Area which includes the Blue Mountains,...
Regenerate: Blue Mountains is a stunning artwork created by local schools...
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Blue Mountains Luxury Tours - Stretch Limousine, Caprice, 1929 Cadillac LaSalle
The Blue Mountains Theatre and Community Hub Explore the world of anime films these holidays! 20-22 January. Details and tickets at bluemountainstheatre.com.au
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Family friendly, fully self contained cottages on offer
Matildas Of Leura Enjoy a comfortable stay in this delightful self-contained 3 bed cottage only minutes from Leura Mall