Blue Mountains News
Changes to Lithgow Council Services
Support for the community
- A 24 hour phone service is available for the community so as to deal with any requests for emergency or after hours assistance
• Local co-ordination of responses is occurring via the Local Emergency Management Committee – headed up by Local Area Commander Chris Sammut. Principal emergency management organisations, including Council, participate.
• The Mayor and General Manager meet with health officials from the Local Health District twice weekly to discuss aspects of the health orders, vaccination and testing issues etc.,
• Local charities have been contacted with the offer of assistance if required to meet particular community demand,
• Council has made the necessary arrangements for the Tony Luchetti Showground site to be used as a testing and/or vaccination hub, if required,
• Council’s outdoor workforce has been split into teams to ensure continuity of essential services if any positive cases emerge in one team and that requires isolation of fellow workers
Changed services to comply with the Health Orders:
• The Council Meeting on 23 August is closed for public attendance but available for viewing via Council’s website.
• The Customer Service Centre is closed face to face but continuing to meet needs via telephone and email,
• Visitor information centre closed
• Libraries closed,
• Eskbank House closed
• Aquatic centre closed
• Kerbside waste collections continue as normal
• Disposal of household non-putrescible waste at the landfills is deemed essential under the Health Order. The landfills are closed to the general public (other than transfer stations which serve residents without a weekly kerbside collection).
• Community halls closed,
• Animal centre open to the public by appointment only
• Outdoor sporting facilities open for health order compliant individual exercise only
• Rent relief is available for tenants of Council-owned commercial properties
• Lake Wallace will continue to be available for people who do not have a fixed address and need somewhere to lay-over
The launch of this new resource will be held at the Library on Tuesday...
Council is hosting a free online expo on Saturday 30 October to help residents...
Blue Mountains City Council and the Stronger Families Alliance are conducting...
Lithgow City Council is re-opening public facilities such as communit...
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Scenic World The Skyway is squeaky clean and the Railway is ready to roll, Scenic World is set to re-open October 22.
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Transfer in luxury btw Sydney Airport and the Blue Mountains $350 Max 4 Passengers
Edith School House The perfect getaway with crisp clean air & beautiful surrounds near to Jenolan Caves Mayfield Waldara & lots more
Billabong Trout Fishing Farmstay Travel somewhere over the rainbow! Escape the pressures of city living! Bushwalk, observe bird life or just relax