Blue Mountains News
Celebrate Blue Mountains Botanic Garden 30th Birthday this Weekend!
Our gardens, lawns and pavilions will, for a brief moment in time, become sites for over 50 local artists a day and their ephemeral installations, works of art, poetry, entertainment, food and music in a harmonious blending of nature and culture.
Some answers to some of the FAQs that we’ve been getting:
- Car pool & arrive early - parking is limited.
- The information booths will be open at 9.30am (one in the Visitors Centre and one outside) where you can grab a program. An array of local food and beverages will be available in and around the Visitors Centre.
- Please move to the Formal Lawn for 10am performances/opening.
- You can view Saturday’s program and Sunday's program online. Saturday will open Shane Smithers’ Welcome to Country and what sounds like will be a very special performance by ten Darug men. After that our very own Greg Bourke will do a speech and we will share a minutes silence in recognition of Remembrance Day. Sunday Meg Whittaker will kick off the day at 10am again on the Formal Lawn – she is a 13 year old opera singer – I know, amazing right!
- Don’t forget between performances to take a look the 13 installation works around the Garden and 22 exhibiting works in the Visitors Centre
- There are wet weather plans so don’t let that stop you coming as it won’t stop us.
- If you intend to arrive later in the day stay tuned to the Facebook page for traffic and parking updates before leaving home.
- When you capture and post all your great moments for the day please tag your location and #tag #BMBGGoED and #tomah30.
Looking forward to celebrating with you.
Blue Mountains City Council awarded seven people the City’s highest honour,...
Blue Mountains Library’s hugely popular Summer Reading Program has grown...
A new initiative ‘Zero Waste Leura’ was launched at Leura Garage on 25...
Community enthusiasm for environmental conservation has grown this year,...
A Total Fire Ban has been declared for the Central Ranges, Northern Slopes,...
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Hampers crammed with Blue Mountains-made delicacies to children or adults at any address in the local region.
Jenolan Caves Exclusive weekend accommodation or Chisolm's dining cave experiences available now.
Trumans Chartered Accountants Trumans November Newsletter now available. What does the “full expensing” write-off deduction mean for business?
Sunset Cottages Features include large fire pit, spa baths, BBQ, air-conditioning, cooking facilities.
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Family friendly, fully self contained cottages on offer