Blue Mountains News
Blue Mountains - Best Bushwalking and Cosiest Destination
The 2015 survey had more than 4,000 entries with the Blue Mountains taking out two categories.
The ideal destination for both experiencing the outdoors and staying in comfort, the Blue Mountains has been voted the best spot for bushwalking as well as the best region for a cosy winter getaway.
"With inviting, breathtaking landscapes that beckon walkers and equally enticing spots by cosy fireplaces, it's no wonder the Blue Mountains lures two very different types of travellers," says Australian Traveller editor, Lara Picone.
2015 Australian Traveller
2015 People's Choice Awards Winners
- Best travel experience in the past year: Melbourne, Vic
- Perfect city break: Melbourne, Vic
- Best family holiday spot: Gold Coast, Qld
- Best Beachside town: Byron Bay, NSW
- Most desirable island escape: Hamilton Island, Qld
- Cosiest winter destination: Blue Mountains, NSW
- Best town off the beaten track: Birdsville, Qld
- Best affordable hotel: Mantra on Salt Beach, NSW
- Best luxury hotel: Crown Towers, Melbourne, Vic
- Hotel that best caters to kids: Jamala Wildlife Lodge, Canberra, ACT
- Best place to camp: Jervis Bay, NSW
- Top airline for service: Qantas
- Best Airport: Sydney Kingsford Smith, NSW
- Best bushwalking journey: Blue Mountains, NSW
- Most scenic driving holiday: Great Ocean Road, Vic
- Must-visit food region: Margaret River, WA
- Best wine region: Hunter Valley, NSW
- Best aquatic activity and place to experience it: Snorkelling/diving the Great Barrier Reef, Qld
- Ultimate dream experience: Exploring the Kimberley, WA
- Destination every Australian should visit: Uluru and the Red Centre, NT
This year’s awards were announced on the evening of Monday 30 November at the spectacular Water @ Pier One, Pier One Sydney Harbour and were sponsored by booking.com. Alcohol sponsors on the night included United Cellars, Lord Nelson Brewery and Willie Smiths cider.
Scenic World’s annual art exhibition, Sculpture at Scenic World, has cemented...
Council is adapting how it manages public lands, following recent legislation...
Blue Mountains City Council is seeking two new community members to join...
Wear Orange Wednesday (WOW Day) is on Wednesday 22nd of May and it's your...
We’re offering residents a free declutter workshop to help celebrate the...
Think Conveyancing Blue Mountains A conveyancing-only law firm, where top priority is to maximise your savings while minimising your legal risk. Call now.
Lavender Manor and Majestic We offer great packages for Girls Weekends Away
Simmo's Offroad Tours 4WD tagalong tour, 8th to 17th July. Fully accommodated and catered, suitable for 4WD or AWD vehicles.
Hills Havens BOOK Fri and Sat nights and have SUNDAY night from $100.
Kilbeggan Cottage We've just had a cancellation for the long weekend in June so book your long weekend at Kilbeggan Cottage now!