Blue Mountains News
Applications for Council Financial Assistance Open 1 April 2020
The Mayor of Lithgow City Council, Clr Ray Thompson, is encouraging local community organisations to apply for funding under the current round of Council’s Financial Assistance program for 2020.
“The Financial Assistance Program offers grants of up to $3,000 to community organisations to help them with local projects and activities that demonstrate a broad community benefit,” said the Mayor.
Examples of Financial Assistance requests that Council may assist with include:
- Projects that enhance educational and employment opportunities, for example, supporting young people with disability to find pathways to further education and/ or employment.
- Programs that retain, respect and strengthen our community and support the unique needs of various groups across the LGA.
- Initiatives that celebrate and support diverse communities, including Aboriginal and multicultural communities.
- Programs that focus on promoting positive health, including mental health, and wellbeing at all stages of life.
- Events or initiatives that support and celebrate the cultural and creative richness of our community.
- Projects that balance, protect and enhance our diverse environment, both natural and built.
“Each year Council allocates funding to a number of worthwhile community groups so I would like to remind organisations that applications for Round 1 close on 30 April 2020,”, concluded the Mayor.
All requests for Financial Assistance must be on the official Financial Assistance Application Form. Application forms and guidelines can be obtained by visiting Council’s website. Funding will be available from the beginning of July 2020.
Further information about Council’s Financial Assistance program can be obtained from Council’s Community Development Officer Ali Kim on 6354 9999.
Wentworth Falls Lake Park and Buttenshaw Park are receiving upgrades,...
From the couch choir to YouTube yoga, online communities are flourishing,...
Blue Mountains Library is encouraging residents to head online to read...
Blue Mountains City Council will waive rents for all tenants in Counci...
Lithgow City Council’s priority is the health of our staff, and the health...
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs We can collect prepaid and boxed goods from Pharmacies and Shops between Blackheath and Wentworth Falls.
Lindsay's Cafe We hope this increases your safety, keeps you healthy, and able to care for others.
Little Wombat Gallery and Roslyn Elms Images We are closing until 11th April 2020 TBC
Ribbon Gum Lodge No better place to self-distance family than Ribbon Gum Lodge. 5 Nights-$999, 4 Nights-$849, 3 Nights-$679
Majestic View Cottages We will not be accepting any new bookings at this time for NON ESSENTIAL travel as per Government guidelines