Blue Mountains News
Applications for Council Financial Assistance Now Open
The Mayor of Lithgow City Council, Clr Ray Thompson is encouraging local community organisations to apply for funding under the first round of Council’s Financial Assistance program for 2019.
“The Financial Assistance Program offers grants of up to $3,000 to community organisations to help them with local projects and activities that demonstrate broad community benefit,” said Cr Thompson.
“Each year Council allocates funding to a number of worthwhile community groups so I would like to remind organisations that applications for Round 1 close on 10 May 2019,” concluded the Mayor.
Examples of Financial Assistance requests that Council may assist with include:
- Projects that enhance educational and employment opportunities, for example, supporting young people with disability to find pathways to further education and/ or employment.
- Programs that retain, respect and strengthen our community and support the unique needs of various groups across the LGA.
- Initiatives that celebrate and support diverse communities, including Aboriginal and multicultural communities.
- Programs that focus on promoting positive health, including mental health, and wellbeing at all stages of life.
- Events or initiatives that support and celebrate the cultural and creative richness of our community.
- Sustainability projects that balance, protect and enhance our diverse environment, both natural and built.
All requests for Financial Assistance must be on the official Financial Assistance Application Form. Application forms and guidelines can be obtained by visiting Council’s website or they can be picked up from Council’s Administration Centre, Lithgow Library, the Portland and Wallerawang branch libraries or by contacting Council to have one sent by post or by email.
Further information about Council’s Financial Assistance program can be obtained from Council’s Community Development Officer Viktoria Gulabovski on 6354 9999.
To reduce energy costs and provide a power contingency measure, Counci...
ILLUMINATE THE PAST | EVOKE THE PRESENT | EMERGE INTO THE FUTURE
Following on from the single releases of The Daily Grind and Apartmentality,...
National Parks & Wildlife Service
Blue Mountains National Park –...
Jenolan Caves Exclusive weekend accommodation or Chisolm's dining cave experiences available now.
Trumans Chartered Accountants Trumans November Newsletter now available. What does the “full expensing” write-off deduction mean for business?
Marriage Celebrant - A Ceremony by Design A Ceremony by Design is seizing the opportunity to re-imagine weddings for the 2020s.
Melaleuca Mountain Retreat Views that will leave you breathless, a place to relax. Melaleuca Mountain Retreat offers the perfect getaway !!
Seclusions Looking for a weekend escape to relax & unwind?