Blue Mountains News
Applications for Council Financial Assistance Now Open
The Mayor of Lithgow City Council, Clr Ray Thompson is encouraging local community organisations to apply for funding under the first round of Council’s Financial Assistance program for 2019.
“The Financial Assistance Program offers grants of up to $3,000 to community organisations to help them with local projects and activities that demonstrate broad community benefit,” said Cr Thompson.
“Each year Council allocates funding to a number of worthwhile community groups so I would like to remind organisations that applications for Round 1 close on 10 May 2019,” concluded the Mayor.
Examples of Financial Assistance requests that Council may assist with include:
- Projects that enhance educational and employment opportunities, for example, supporting young people with disability to find pathways to further education and/ or employment.
- Programs that retain, respect and strengthen our community and support the unique needs of various groups across the LGA.
- Initiatives that celebrate and support diverse communities, including Aboriginal and multicultural communities.
- Programs that focus on promoting positive health, including mental health, and wellbeing at all stages of life.
- Events or initiatives that support and celebrate the cultural and creative richness of our community.
- Sustainability projects that balance, protect and enhance our diverse environment, both natural and built.
All requests for Financial Assistance must be on the official Financial Assistance Application Form. Application forms and guidelines can be obtained by visiting Council’s website or they can be picked up from Council’s Administration Centre, Lithgow Library, the Portland and Wallerawang branch libraries or by contacting Council to have one sent by post or by email.
Further information about Council’s Financial Assistance program can be obtained from Council’s Community Development Officer Viktoria Gulabovski on 6354 9999.
Take the pledge and support Lithgow’s Plastic Free July morning tea today...
Be Connected is an Australian government initiative that aims to increase...
A flag raising ceremony has been held at Lithgow County Council to mar...
Council is hearing the views of Blue Mountains businesses at a quarterly...
Blue Mountains Council has been appointed Crown Land Manager of Blaxland...
Blue Mountains Concert Society Sat 10 Aug, 7.30pm, Blue Mountains Theatre, Springwood. See our website. Book online or (02) 4723 5050
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours Join Paranormal Pete to investigate the reports of Ghosts & Paranormal activity at Woodford Academy, 16th AUGUST.
Lindsay's Cafe A wonderful place for breakfast or lunch. Warm inside, delightful outside. @ the Norman Lindsay Gallery
Sophia's of Leura Enjoy a winter break away in beautiful Leura. Crisp fresh air, maybe a bit of snow and stunning scenery.
Valley of the Waters Mon-Thurs Cliff View room $219 per double per night, or The Loft suite $239 including cooked or continental breakfasts