Blue Mountains News
48 Community Organisations Receive Funding in Community Assistance Program 2019
Twenty-nine grants were given to City-wide initiatives, and another 19 were given to Blue Mountains local government area ward-specific applications.
Blue Mountains Mayor, Cr Mark Greenhill, said: “In supporting community groups with funding through the Community Assistance Program, we recognise the important contribution they make in improving the quality of life and wellbeing of the Blue Mountains community.
“These grants will directly improve the capacity of these groups to provide a diverse range of activities and services to local residents.”
Council received a total of 51 applications and the Community Assistance Program Councillor Advisory Committee was able to recommend 48 of these for funding.
The successful recipients for the 2019 grant program are:
- Connect Child & Family Services
- Springwood Seniors Dance Inc
- Orpheus Strings Music Society (Blue Mountains) Inc
- Friends of Everglades
- Blue Mountains Women’s Health & Resource Centre
- Mountains Youth Services Team
- bentART incorporated
- Academy Singers Inc
- Blue Mountains City Band
- Fusion Australia Ltd
- CBCA (Children’s Book Council of Australia) Blue Mountains Sub Branch
- Blue Mountains Orchestra Inc
- Kinship at Christmas Foundation
- Iris Society of Australia
- Blue Mountains Pipe Band
- Mountains Community Resource Network
- Greystanes Disability Services
- Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre
- Blue Mountains Junior Roller Derby League
- Blue Mountains & Penrith Woodworking Club Inc
- Elizabeth Evatt Community Legal Centre
- Katoomba Children’s Cottage Inc
- Blue Mountains Family Support Service Inc T/A Thrive Services
- Blue Mountains Aboriginal Culture and Resource Centre
- Blackheath Community Op Shop Inc
- Your Music Inc
- Blue Mountains Roller Derby League Inc
- Mountains Outreach Community Services
- Blue Mountains Concert Band
- Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre
- Blackheath Area Men’s Shed
- Blue Mountains Rhododendron Society Inc
- Blackheath Kookaburra Kindergarten
- Mount Victoria Community Association Inc
- Katoomba Leura Preschool
- Katoomba Neighbourhood Centre
- Blue Mountains Bridge Club
- Nepean and Blue Mountains Parkinson’s Support Group
- St Hilda’s Anglican Church Support
- Shared Reading NSW
- Central Mountains Men’s Shed
- Hazelbrook Association Community Inc
- Bullaburra & District Progress Association
- Mid Mountains Neighourhood Centre
- Springwood Neighbour Centre Co-op
- Gateway Family Services
- Lower Mountains Neighbourhood Centre
- Glenbrook Preschool Kindergarten
In addition to these successful grant applications under the Community Assistance Program for 2019, Council was also able to provide an extra $2,750 each for Thrive Services (Blue Mountains Family Support Services), Gateway Family Services and Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre to contribute to emergency food relief funds.
Blue Mountains City Council has waived sportsground fees for the current...
A Wildlife Recovery Mayoral Reference Group (WRMRG) will be establishe...
Council’s Bushfire Recovery Action Plan outlines recovery efforts sinc...
This year marks the 20th Anniversary of the Greater Blue Mountains region...
Karen Curran - The Heart of Us When words are not enough. All ages. Gentle processes to change the effects of anxiety, worry, trauma, grief, stress.
Little Wombat Gallery and Roslyn Elms Images We are pleased to announce the reopening of Little Wombat Gallery 10/11/12 July!
A Timeless Love Marriage Celebrant I am a highly regarded and experienced Celebrant, ready to help you create your dream wedding ceremony.
Eagle View Escape
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Winter is here! Toast marshmallows around the cosy fire-pit.