Blue Mountains News
48 Community Organisations Receive Funding in Community Assistance Program 2019
Twenty-nine grants were given to City-wide initiatives, and another 19 were given to Blue Mountains local government area ward-specific applications.
Blue Mountains Mayor, Cr Mark Greenhill, said: “In supporting community groups with funding through the Community Assistance Program, we recognise the important contribution they make in improving the quality of life and wellbeing of the Blue Mountains community.
“These grants will directly improve the capacity of these groups to provide a diverse range of activities and services to local residents.”
Council received a total of 51 applications and the Community Assistance Program Councillor Advisory Committee was able to recommend 48 of these for funding.
The successful recipients for the 2019 grant program are:
- Connect Child & Family Services
- Springwood Seniors Dance Inc
- Orpheus Strings Music Society (Blue Mountains) Inc
- Friends of Everglades
- Blue Mountains Women’s Health & Resource Centre
- Mountains Youth Services Team
- bentART incorporated
- Academy Singers Inc
- Blue Mountains City Band
- Fusion Australia Ltd
- CBCA (Children’s Book Council of Australia) Blue Mountains Sub Branch
- Blue Mountains Orchestra Inc
- Kinship at Christmas Foundation
- Iris Society of Australia
- Blue Mountains Pipe Band
- Mountains Community Resource Network
- Greystanes Disability Services
- Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre
- Blue Mountains Junior Roller Derby League
- Blue Mountains & Penrith Woodworking Club Inc
- Elizabeth Evatt Community Legal Centre
- Katoomba Children’s Cottage Inc
- Blue Mountains Family Support Service Inc T/A Thrive Services
- Blue Mountains Aboriginal Culture and Resource Centre
- Blackheath Community Op Shop Inc
- Your Music Inc
- Blue Mountains Roller Derby League Inc
- Mountains Outreach Community Services
- Blue Mountains Concert Band
- Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre
- Blackheath Area Men’s Shed
- Blue Mountains Rhododendron Society Inc
- Blackheath Kookaburra Kindergarten
- Mount Victoria Community Association Inc
- Katoomba Leura Preschool
- Katoomba Neighbourhood Centre
- Blue Mountains Bridge Club
- Nepean and Blue Mountains Parkinson’s Support Group
- St Hilda’s Anglican Church Support
- Shared Reading NSW
- Central Mountains Men’s Shed
- Hazelbrook Association Community Inc
- Bullaburra & District Progress Association
- Mid Mountains Neighourhood Centre
- Springwood Neighbour Centre Co-op
- Gateway Family Services
- Lower Mountains Neighbourhood Centre
- Glenbrook Preschool Kindergarten
In addition to these successful grant applications under the Community Assistance Program for 2019, Council was also able to provide an extra $2,750 each for Thrive Services (Blue Mountains Family Support Services), Gateway Family Services and Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre to contribute to emergency food relief funds.
Following the release of two brand new singles ‘Howlin at the Moon’ an...
Are you planning to buy a car seat? (or perhaps you know someone who is)<br...
Small business owners and their staff are invited to a free workshop t...
A Blue Mountains City Council officer has won both the NSW Environmental...
A night of fun and laughter for the whole family at the Old Hartley School...
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours Join Paranormal Pete to investigate the reports of Ghosts & Hauntings at the Museum, 18th October. 0247 512 622
Trumans Chartered Accountants Fiction (and facts) about work expenses deductions ... and more
Lindsay's Cafe A wonderful place to relax. Cool & air-conditioned inside, delightful outside. Next to the Norman Lindsay Gallery
Federation Gardens and Possums Hideaway Three night midweek stay $600 in one of our Possums Cabins for Couples
Blue Gum House Stay 3 nights over a weekend $630 for 2 adults $30 per additional adult, $20 per child, per night, linen free.