8:38pm Friday, 20 April BlueMountainsAustralia.com
Mount Hay, Leura
Mount Hay Leura
The Mount Hay firetrails offer several locations with spectacular views. There are several side trails that can add distance and interest. As these firetrails are open to vehicles, cars and 4WD, you'll need to be cautious throughout this ride.
32 km (return from Leura Railway Station)
2 hours each way, depending on ability
These are well kept firetrails, open to the public and regularly graded, consisting mainly of wide graded trails with occasional steep sections and water bars. The trip out is mostly downhill, so be aware that it is a long slog back. Side tracks are mostly signposted with distances so you know what you're in for. Views and points of interest can be found at Flat Top, The Pinnacles and Butterbox Point.
You can ride all the way to Mount Hay car park and from there it is walkers only to Mount Hay. It is a 1km bushwalk so bring a chain to secure your bike.
Mount Hay trail is in the Leura precinct of Blue Mountains National Park.
- Follow the Great Western Highway to Leura and take the turnoff to Leura Town Centre.
- From the West: turn left into Leura Mall, to head north.
- From the East: turn right into Leura Mall, to head north.
- Turn right onto Briton Street.
- Turn left onto Mount Hay Road.
- Head east on Railway Parade
- Turn right onto Victory Lane
- Continue onto Churchill Street
- Turn left into Mount Hay Road, continue north and stay on Mount Hay Rd to the trail head.