Blue Mountains News
General Manager Needed: Mountains Youth Services Team (MYST)
• Provide strong leadership to this committed team of youth workers
• Lead and rejuvenate the social impact in the Blue Mountains community
• Bring operational and commercial nous to support continued growth
Closing Date: Sunday 31 October
Type: Full time
Location: Head Office, Springwood
Utilise your knowledge and experience of youth services to drive innovation and growth in this Blue Mountains based organisation
· Provide strong leadership to this committed team of youth workers
· Lead and rejuvenate the social impact in the Blue Mountains community
· Bring operational and commercial nous to support continued growth
Mountains Youth Services Team (MYST) is a non-denominational organisation that aims to provide preventive measures for youth disengagement and mental health crises. MYST achieves this through youth centres, counselling, outdoor courses, workshops and individual/family support and programs that utilise strength-based practice and harm minimisation frameworks.
The General Manager will be part of a dynamic, passionate and committed team. They will provide strategic and operational leadership to create, evolve and implement activities for the future success, growth and competitiveness of MYST.
This is a key role reporting directly into the Chair and Board of Directors with five direct reports. The General Manager has accountability for strategic planning, operational management, financial management, compliance and service development, public relations, WHS and quality improvement. The successful candidate will provide strong leadership to the team and enable a culture of teamwork, growth and collaboration.
Experience, knowledge & skills
To be successful in this role, you will have:
· At least 5 - 8 years' experience in a General Manager role or similar.
· Tertiary qualifications and experience in the areas of Youth and/or Mental Health
· Proven track record in leadership roles, managing multi-disciplinary teams
· Well-developed strategic, project management and change management skills
· Demonstrated ability to successfully drive MYST's public image
· High level skills in governance, operations, HR and information management systems
· Solid networking and interpersonal skills, and a high emotional intelligence (EQ)
· Demonstrated experience in developing of a culture of innovation
· Knowledge of marketing, funding and service delivery in a community-based business context
· Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance and the role of a Company Secretary
People for Purpose are partnering with MYST to lead the search for this role. We invite you to read the position description located on the People for Purpose Website under Executive Search at www.peopleforpurpose.com.au. We also encourage you to visit MYST's website at www.myst.com.au.
Once you have absorbed this information and done your own research, if you have specific questions, please call us on 0468 625 252 or email
To apply, as well as your CV, you must submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in representing MYST and how your skills and experience align to this opportunity.
Applications close 5pm on Sunday, 31 October.
The launch of this new resource will be held at the Library on Tuesday...
Council is hosting a free online expo on Saturday 30 October to help residents...
Blue Mountains City Council and the Stronger Families Alliance are conducting...
Lithgow City Council is re-opening public facilities such as communit...
Glamour & Elegance Mobile Beauty Pamper Events-Hens/bridal-Corporate-Kids Parties-Couples-Weddings-Ladies Pamper-Mothers Groups-Vouchers-
Scenic World The Skyway is squeaky clean and the Railway is ready to roll, Scenic World is set to re-open October 22.
Blue Mountains Limousines & Vintage Cadillacs Transfer in luxury btw Sydney Airport and the Blue Mountains $350 Max 4 Passengers
Edith School House The perfect getaway with crisp clean air & beautiful surrounds near to Jenolan Caves Mayfield Waldara & lots more
Billabong Trout Fishing Farmstay Travel somewhere over the rainbow! Escape the pressures of city living! Bushwalk, observe bird life or just relax