2:08am Tuesday, 11 December BlueMountainsAustralia.com
Blue Mountains Attractions Group Summer Competition
This competition is now closed
New Competition Coming Soon ...
Blue Mountains Attractions Group is offering you the opportunity to win a Romantic Getaway for 2, to visit some of the Top Attractions in the Blue Mountains, this Summer!
The Package is for 2 Adults and valid for redemption from the 21st January 2019 – 3rd March 2019.
You could win:
- Hosies - Hill End Historic House- Spend 2 nights at the beautifully renovated Hosies - 1870s building in Hill End historic gold rush town, located between Bathurst and Mudgee (midweek) (not available school or public holidays). By day enjoy discovering the attractions, history, and walking tracks of Hill End Historic Site from your doorstep. By night curl up in the cosy comfort of Hosies colonial setting. Total Value $205.
- Hartley Historic Site - 1 night accommodation for two (Monday-Thursday) at Hartley Historic Site in the charmingly restored colonial cottage ‘Old Trahlee’ and self guided tour (midweek) (not available school or public holidays). Valued at $273.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre - Free virtual reality for two to experience Claustral Canyon. Using VR technology you will be transported into the canyon where you can explore this spectacular feature of the Grose Valley Wilderness. Valued at $20.
- Bygone Beauty’s - A Traditional High Tea for Two Persons (midweek) (not available school or public holidays) At Bygone Beautys Tearooms, Leura. Valued at $99.
This package is worth over $600.
Hosies at Hill End:
Step back in time at Hill End Historic Site and discover the enduring legacy of colonial New South Wales and the roaring early days of the gold rush. Explore the town on a self-guided tour, where you’ll find streetscapes and buildings with little changed since the village’s 1870s goldmining heyday. Spend a couple of days uncovering the layers of history at this remarkable site, home to a thriving community and artists’ retreat.!
Hartley Historic Site :
Accommodation is at Old Trahlee restored cottage. Built between 1846 and 1854, Old Trahlee is the perfect place for your next family holiday with the kids to discover Australia’s colonial past. Surrounded by pastures, heritage orchards, cottage gardens and delightful sandstone buildings, Old Trahlee is one of 17 historic buildings in historic Hartley village. The self-guided tour includes the Courthouse and St Bernard’s Catholic Church. At the courthouse visitors can view the original cells where both male and female prisoners (mostly convicts) were held. Visitors can also walk through the court room and other areas of the courthouse used by the magistrates, clerks and constables assigned to Hartley. Visitors can watch a hologram and experience other audio-visual and interpretation of a significant early colonial building. Visitors can also look inside the nineteenth century Catholic Church.
Blue Mountains Heritage Centre:
Get expert advice on walking tracks, Aboriginal heritage, plants and animals and activities. There are maps, books, art, gifts, wifi, coffee and a great virtual reality experience. Min age is 12 years.
Bygone Beauty’s :
Bygone Beautys Treasured Teapot Museum & Tearooms is nestled in the village of Leura within the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area. The tearooms and showrooms offer visitors a truly memorable experience, so don’t forget your camera! Enjoy delicate sandwiches and scones with assorted homemade biscuits & cakes delivered to your table silver service on a mobile tray and served on delicate china. A true indulgence, reminiscent of decades past.
Good luck and see you in the Blue Mountains this summer!
Terms and Conditions
- All entries to be submitted via BlueMountainsAustralia.com
- Competition is open from the 1st December 2018 and strictly closes on the 12th December 2018. Winner will be announced on Wednesday 19th December 2018.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered with entrants.
- Entries must include your name and contact details.
- Employees of any of the Blue Mountains Attractions Group members associated with the promotion, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter the competition.
- By claiming a prize, the winner accepts that the Blue Mountains Attractions Group may use the winner’s name and likeness for promotional and publicity purposes.
- The prize is for two adults staying in a single room.
- All Prizes can be claimed between the 21st January 2019 – 3rd March 2019 only.
- The total prize is valued at $600 and can be redeemed anytime subject to availability. Please check with the attraction at the time of booking.
- The cost of transport to and from the Blue Mountains is at the expense of the winner.