4:41pm Wednesday, 18 July BlueMountainsAustralia.com
The Blue Mountains Theatre and Community Hub
A dynamic cultural & community precinct
Upcoming shows at Blue Mountains Theatre
Visit our website for all show details, incl. $7 Holiday Kids Flix, Tijuana Taxi, James Valentine, Kaki King & more!
posted: 4:42pm 22 Jun 2018
School Holiday Kids Flix
All tickets just $7: Ferdinand, Coco & Happy Feet. Visit our website for session times and to pre-purchase tickets!
posted: 9:35am 13 Jul 2018
Blue Mountains Theatre presents a diverse selection of entertainment from comedy to world music, vintage rock’n’roll to pop-noir, film, classical music, ballet and more.
Beyond our program of live performing arts, the Blue Mountains Theatre and Community Hub is a multi-purpose facility incorporating a 418 seat theatre, box office, meeting rooms for hire, community service tenant offices, customer service desk for BM City Council, and links to the adjacent Braemar Gallery and Springwood Branch Library.
Blue Mountains Community Theatre & Hub
- A 418 seat theatre including greenroom/rehearsal space with box office facilities.
- 4 meeting rooms and 2 interview rooms available for hire
- Facility management office.
- Offices and working spaces for community service tenants including the Springwood Neighbourhood Centre, The Blue Mountains Vietnam Veterans & Associated Forces, Blue Mountains Recreation & Respite Service; and Blue Mountains Food Services (Meals on Wheels).
- A Galleria linking the spaces, serving as a foyer for the Blue Mountains Theatre and as a multi-purpose event and activity space. The front desk also functions as a service desk for the Blue Mountains City Council in Springwood.
- A landscaped forecourt with paved courtyard area. Power connections are available for outdoor events, such as markets and outdoor concerts.
- Links to the Springwood Library and the Braemar House community art gallery to create a dynamic cultural and community precinct for Springwood and the wider Blue Mountains.
Box OfficeUnless otherwise indicated, all tickets are sold through Blue Mountains Theatre’s Box Office. There are three ways for you to purchase your tickets:
- Online – use our online Box Office portal below. It’s fast and easy, you can choose exactly where you’d like to sit.
- Phone – Call 4723 5050 Monday – Friday 9.30am – 4.30pm, Saturday 10am-3pm
- In person – at Blue Mountains Theatre & Community Hub Monday – Friday 9.30am - 4.30pm; Saturday 10am - 3pm
Hours of OperationMonday – Friday 9.30am – 5.30pm
Saturday 9am - 4pm
Sunday and Public Holidays – the facility will open 1 hour prior to performances.
Kaki King (USA)
New York-based Kaki King has created a cult-like following amongst rock, guitar and classical audiences alike from around the globe over the past 14 years. She has performed on every continent over the course of multiple world tours and has presented her work in a variety of prestigious American arts centres, including the Kennedy Center, MoMA, LACMA and The Met. Hailed by Rolling Stone magazine as “a genre unto herself”; her unique playing style and progressive multimedia performances have garnered her much critical acclaim: “I’ve never seen anything like it…a sumptuous feast for the senses, a dizzying display of sound and vision by a guitarist already renowned for her innovation… I repeat: Do not miss this,” from the Boston Globe. King will be presenting her acclaimed show The Neck Is a Bridge To The Body, in which ground-breaking technology is utilised to project luminous imagery directly onto the guitar as she plays. The result is a beautiful, immersive and surprising experience – a feast for the senses.