11:38pm Tuesday, 21 August BlueMountainsAustralia.com
Jenolan Valley View
Between The 3 Sisters and Jenolan Caves
Jenolan Valley View is a group venue on weekends and holidays but caters to smaller families and couples during the week. $850 weekend group bookings. Midweek small or large groups - $90 to $255/night.
Comfortably sleeps 12 to 16. Full kitchen, large dining and lounge, recreation room and the most stunning pool. The views are the best in the mountains.
View calendar dates and more info on our website using the link above.
About the house
We facilitate Group bookings for families and friends who want to organise their whole weekend or we can provide transport and guide you to the local attractions if you have a group without transport. Read about our guided tour itinerary below.
At Jenolan Valley View we wish to provide couples and families with a fantastic venue to stay, in the middle of wonderful places to visit. It is our desire to provide this at the most competitive price possible in the district. We love this area and know that your family will fall in love with it too. We hope that you come back time and time again.
Jenolan Valley View is ideally positioned part way along the famous Greater Blue Mountains Tourist Drive. It is near the start of Jenolan Caves road being rated one of the top 5 road bike rides in the country. Lithgow with its supermarkets and restaurants is only 10 minutes away. It is less than 2hrs from most of Sydney and 1.5 hours from western Sydney. You can get here easily after work on a Friday night and be ready to start your weekend first thing next morning.
Jenolan Valley View is a 5 bedroom resort style home perched high on a cliff with spectacular views of the valley below. It is located exactly halfway along the road connecting the major tourist centres of Katoomba (Scenic World and the 3 Sisters) and Jenolan Caves. It is an ideal venue from which to visit both of these world-class attractions - that's if you can tear yourself away from the cliff top retreat.
Jenolan Valley View is one of those very rare locations that will take your breath away and leave you, your partner and your family with a lifetime memory. For the warmer months, it has a swimming pool that spills out over the cliff. In winter you can curl up around the log fire. The kids can escape to the games room while you relax looking out at the view.
We can supply all bedding or you can bring your own. If you want to cook your own meals then there is a BBQ area and full kitchen facility with a commercial pizza oven. Town with its supermarkets, restaurants and clubs is only 10 minutes drive or you might want to have a meal at one of the very charming local country pubs close by.
You are not allowed to take caravans on the road to Jenolan Caves so for caravan towing folk who want to leave their van and visit the caves then we have the facility for you detach the van, have a few nights of luxury and visit the local spots unencumbered by your mobile home. It won’t cost you much more than a van site.
Unfortunately, Jenolan Valley view is not suitable for small children who cannot swim. The dam is close to the house and the amazing swimming pool is right at the door.
Even if you do not end up staying with us please visit our site because there is a lot of local information and day trip planners that may be of interest to you.
Organise your own group and we can take you where you want to go
2 nights - spectacular accommodation - the big 3 attractions in the Blue Mountains
For those who wish to see the main tourist attractions in the mountains - and a bit more
Pick up at Lithgow Station in late afternoon if required - 5.05 pm, 6.05 or 7.11 train
Visit supermarket for evening meal and breakfast food purchases to be cooked in accommodation facilities - (visitor's own expense)
Stop at Hassan's Wall lookout on way home if daylight permits
Saturday - Jenolan Caves and Kanangra Walls
9am - leave for Jenolan Caves - visit one of the tourist caves and walk around Blue Lake (cave entry starts at $22 - visitor's own expense) (If adventure caving with overalls, helmets, lights and guides is desired then reverse the days timing as caving tours are at around 1.00pm - add an extra $120)
12.30pm - leave Jenolan Caves for Kanangra Walls - lunch supplied on the way
1.30 - arrive Kanangra and walk to the plateau (no cost)
3.30 - Leave Kanangra for sunset back at house
Visit supermarket in Oberon on the way home for evening meal and breakfast food purchases to be cooked at house facilities.
It is possible to stop at the very charming local country pub for a meal on the way back if the group decides (at visitor's expense)
Sunday - the Three Sisters and Scenic World
9.00am pack bags on bus and be ready to leave for Katoomba
9.30 arrive Govetts Leap lookout
10.00 arrive Pulpit rock Lookout
11.00 arrive Scenic World - suggested itinerary (all day pass $39 - rides at visitors own expense)
- take skyway to start of cliff top walk
- walk to Echo Point and 3 Sisters
- walk back to Skyway and have lunch in local park then take Skyway back to Scenic World main terminal
- take Scenic Railway to valley floor and walk along boardwalk to Scenic Cableway
- return to Main terminal via Cableway
It is possible to do the same thing using adjacent walking tracks without the cost of Scenic World rides - you must be fit as there are 1000 very steep stairs into the valley and similar back out again.
- if time permits go to the Heritage Centre in Katoomba - free entry to centre, $5 to visit their world heritage display (at visitors own expense)
- make the 4.26 or 4.56 train back to Sydney
An alternative for Sunday is to do a location that most tourists to the mountains never get to see.
Sunday - these are quite stunning locations that tourist buses do not access as it is along a dirt fire trail road
9.00am pack bags on bus and be ready to leave for Glow Worm tunnel
10.15 arrive Glow Worm Tunnel (no cost)
12.15 pm lunch supplied back at bus
12.45 leave for Wolgan Canyon (no cost)
1.00 - 3.30 Complete Wolgan Canyon
Arrive Lithgow to make 5.37 or 7.37 train to Sydney
We can change days to suit - see our web page for other day trip planners that may be of interest to your group.
Pricing / person
12 - $190
11 - $200
10 - $220
9 - $250
8 - $280
7 - $320
6 - $370
5 - $440
(sorry - no child prices)
How To Get Here..
- If coming up The Great Western Highway then there are only 2 turns once you leave Sydney on the M4.
- Once you turn left off the Gt Western Highway into Jenolan Caves Rd then travel only .....7.... kms and Maxwell drive is on the left. Jenolan Caves Rd has a large brown tourist sign on it indicating Jenolan Caves.
- If coming up Bells Line of Rd then there are 4 turns once you leave Sydney. You will turn left onto the Causway at Bell, right onto the Gt Western Highway at Mt Victoria, left into Jenolan Caves Rd at Little Hartley, then travel only .....7..... kms and Maxwell drive is on the left.
- If coming from west then follow the Great Western Highway through Lithgow about 3kms past the Shell service station on the southern side of town and turn right into McKanes Falls Rd (clearly sign posted) follow this about 6kms to the end where it comes to a T intersection with Jenolan Caves Rd. Turn right and Maxwell Dr is ....1.... km up the road on the left.
- If coming from down south then there is a quicker route than going up to Sydney by following a road from Goulburn that travels along a very scenic and well constructed road up the back of the mountains through Taralga and Oberon to JVV, It is possible to go to the caves on the way if taking this route. Follow the signs once you get to Oberon. The caves are on Jenolan Caves Rd and all you need to do is travel 39kms north and Maxwell drive is on the right, if not going to the caves then follow the Katoomba signs from Oberon for 45 kms to Maxwell Dr.