DocumentsMud Map Eyrie Kanimbla
Rural escape - Mountain views.
Experience the solitude of this fully self-contained quaker barn called “Billy’s Barn”
located on the 100 acre cattle farm "Eyrie".
The property is secluded and peaceful, with no other people within cooee! The tranquility of your surroundings encompassing Little Hartley and the upper Blue Mountains will rejuvenate the senses and inspire the spirit.
While you are here, the entire Barn and the wide open views are exclusively yours. as there is no other holiday accommodation on the property.
The Barn is gas heated as well as air-conditioned and comprises a large loft bedroom upstairs with beautiful views over the valley from your bed. Alternatively, why not use our top of the range luxury Aussie SWAGS and admire the stars and milky way - normally drowned out by the glow of the big city lights. Two wide-screen T.V.’s that give you digital and high-definition reception, plus a DVD player with an extensive DVD library. For book lovers, there is a large selection of books covering all interests. Take walks through the paddocks and listen to cattle grazing - birds singing; or pat one of the horses on your journeys. The Barn is fully fenced so that guests can bring pets, including their horses. Go for a ride throughout the property. You have full use of the round yard and the full sized arena near the Barn. You can also go riding along the quiet roads surrounding the property.
How To Get Here..
We are situated 2.5 hours from Sydney and 45 minutes west of Katoomba, 18 kms off the Great Western Highway at Hartley. More information provided on booking.
Availability last updated: Mon 09 Dec 2013 at 7:49am
Eyrie Kanimbla is a 100 acre cattle farm in the middle of the Kanimbla Valley. The fully self-contained two storey accommodation called Billy's Barn is spacious and beautifully appointed. Your privacy is assured, as the property is secluded and peaceful - with no other people within cooee! The property and its quiet surroundings is fully accessible to you, your friends and pets..... bring your horse as well if you wish. Ideal as a spiritual retreat for one, a quiet getaway for couples, or a small group of friends (total of 4 people).
- Beautiful uninterrupted views towards Little Hartley and upper Blue Mountains
- Spacious yet cosy open plan living quarters - large upstairs loft bedroom
- Fully insulated - fly screens and blinds on all windows
- Widescreen TV upstairs and downstairs with digital reception/DVD player
- Free and extensive DVD/CD and book library
- Complimentary coffee and tea.
- Stylish and well equipped kitchen.
- Gas BBQ on large bull nosed verandah
- Quality linens provided for all guests.
- SWAGS available on request - free of charge. (Bring own sleeping bag please)
- Fully insulated and gas heated, for instant warmth in winter
- Reverse cycle air conditioning to keep cool during the summer
- For horse riders - a round yard and full sized arena (bring own horse)
- Close to a variety of excellent riding stables near Blackheath (if you don't have a horse)
- Near upper Blue Mountains attractions, e.g. Jenolan Caves, Royal Botanic Gardens at Mount Tomah, The picturesque village and gardens of Mount Wilson, Zig Zag Steam Railway, 6 foot track and other famous walks
Minimum 3 night stay on public holidays.
Blue Mountains Information
- What's New
- Visitor Information
- Getting Here
- What's On
- Videos & Photos
- Special Offers
- Weather Forecast
- Shopping Showcase
- Facebook Directory
- News Stories
- Business Search
- Business Classifieds
- Things To Do
- Food & Wine
- Real Estate
- Wedding Services
- Functions & Conferences
- Health, Sport & Fitness
- Gift Ideas