11:24pm Friday, 22 September BlueMountainsAustralia.com
Blue Mountains News
Blue Mountains - Best Bushwalking and Cosiest Destination
The 2015 survey had more than 4,000 entries with the Blue Mountains taking out two categories.
The ideal destination for both experiencing the outdoors and staying in comfort, the Blue Mountains has been voted the best spot for bushwalking as well as the best region for a cosy winter getaway.
"With inviting, breathtaking landscapes that beckon walkers and equally enticing spots by cosy fireplaces, it's no wonder the Blue Mountains lures two very different types of travellers," says Australian Traveller editor, Lara Picone.
2015 Australian Traveller
2015 People's Choice Awards Winners
- Best travel experience in the past year: Melbourne, Vic
- Perfect city break: Melbourne, Vic
- Best family holiday spot: Gold Coast, Qld
- Best Beachside town: Byron Bay, NSW
- Most desirable island escape: Hamilton Island, Qld
- Cosiest winter destination: Blue Mountains, NSW
- Best town off the beaten track: Birdsville, Qld
- Best affordable hotel: Mantra on Salt Beach, NSW
- Best luxury hotel: Crown Towers, Melbourne, Vic
- Hotel that best caters to kids: Jamala Wildlife Lodge, Canberra, ACT
- Best place to camp: Jervis Bay, NSW
- Top airline for service: Qantas
- Best Airport: Sydney Kingsford Smith, NSW
- Best bushwalking journey: Blue Mountains, NSW
- Most scenic driving holiday: Great Ocean Road, Vic
- Must-visit food region: Margaret River, WA
- Best wine region: Hunter Valley, NSW
- Best aquatic activity and place to experience it: Snorkelling/diving the Great Barrier Reef, Qld
- Ultimate dream experience: Exploring the Kimberley, WA
- Destination every Australian should visit: Uluru and the Red Centre, NT
This year’s awards were announced on the evening of Monday 30 November at the spectacular Water @ Pier One, Pier One Sydney Harbour and were sponsored by booking.com. Alcohol sponsors on the night included United Cellars, Lord Nelson Brewery and Willie Smiths cider.
This article archived 7 Feb 2016
Blue Mountains City Council will enter into a partnership with Sydney...
It’s hard to imagine finding the ‘amusing’ side of war, however acclaimed...
Thursday 21st September 2017 – 6:00am to 10:00am
Penrith and Mulgoa businesses are set to benefit from a NSW Government...
Sarah McLeod’s highly anticipated first solo release in 12 years ROCKY’S...
Around Sydney Tours
Blue Mountains Mystery Tours
Everest Team Events
Varenna Luxury Accommodation